Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Tomer HEMED our best EVER penalty taker?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Looked a little as though the Preston keeper had done his homework and outwitted him today by stepping slightly to his left but not actually 'moving' as such - that is, his weight wasn't moving left. So he was still balanced to dive whichever way Tomer put it - and he's not one to go for the corners. Having said that, from behind the goal it looked as though Tomer didn't have such a noticeable pause in his run up today?

Looked like he was rushing it and didn't use his normal technique

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Was an accident waiting to happen, I'd have let Duffy run up from the half-way line and thwack it. It didn't matter thankfully.

Hemed's look great when they work, yesterday and Wolves (A) show how poor they can be.

Just pray he doesn't miss a vital one.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I said no originally and he has missed two now so I say no again.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Hemed's never going to be a penalty taker that fills me with confidence but his record does stack up fairly well.

For those wishing he'd whack it
I genuinely don't think he's got a "welly it" in his locker from the spot or open play.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Because he knew it didn't really matter, or was conscious there was only a few seconds left?

It does matter,would have reduced the goal difference by one, have you forgotten last Season?
Also he would want to increase his goal tally.
I have never been convinced by his penalties and thought that it will only need a goalie to guess correctly to save it. Always looks good when just stroked home, but give me the blast it every time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Because he knew it didn't really matter, or was conscious there was only a few seconds left?

Surely that is not the attitude we need as a goal scored and the ref could have added another minute or so and we scored a 2nd virtually from the kick off a la SIDWELL. Unless of course the ref told him he was allowing him the time to take the penalty

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Surely that is not the attitude we need as a goal scored and the ref could have added another minute or so and we scored a 2nd virtually from the kick off a la SIDWELL. Unless of course the ref told him he was allowing him the time to take the penalty

More the second part of my sentence probably......just rushed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It does matter,would have reduced the goal difference by one, have you forgotten last Season?
Also he would want to increase his goal tally.
I have never been convinced by his penalties and thought that it will only need a goalie to guess correctly to save it. Always looks good when just stroked home, but give me the blast it every time.

Yeah, completely forgotten. [emoji849] Maybe he rushed because he was conscious there was virtually no time left ?

How does Tomer's record compare with other penalty takers in the division over the last couple of seasons ? He misses one and everyone is on the 'his penalties are shit' bandwagon.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think his record is quite good but I do not feel as happy when he steps up to take them as I do with Murray or did with the previous taker. ( Spanish player name alludes me)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I would think his record is quite good but I do not feel as happy when he steps up to take them as I do with Murray or did with the previous taker. ( Spanish player name alludes me)
It's a tricky one to remember that Spanish player's name: Spanish Dave.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
His career record now sits at 19 successful out of 21. For Albion it is 9/11. Seems good on both counts This was not his trademark pen, for whatever reason, time or flustered. As others have said, if you're going to miss, do it at 0-2 in injury time. Move on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gotta love NSC.

Tomer is one of, if not the best, penalty taker in Europe but because the NSC brainstrust doesn't like how he kicks the ball he must be replaced by the bloke who kicks the ball hard.

The flat earth society should trawl here for new members.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here