Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Tomer HEMED our best EVER penalty taker?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
His record is great and he oozes confidence, but looking at the highlights his penno today wasn't great. Could easily have been saved.

Not complaining though. As long as they're on target and they're going in, long may they continue

I don't think it would have been saved. He noticed the keeper moving slightly to his left and redirected his shot at the last fraction. The keepers weight was on the wrong foot and he couldn't get back.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Used to hate Hemed's technique as assumed it was almost 50/50 if the keeper guesses right way he saves it - then I realised what he actually does. Huge bottle to do it.

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
What he is good at, and if you look at Everests video of all the goals of 2016, he doesn't actually have a spot to put it. So no matter how much a keeper works on his pens they really haven't got a clue which is his favoured spot.

Exactly the technique of a confident penalty taker. At the end of the day confidence will score the majority of penalties

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I never felt confident when Hemed stepped up to the spot last season. And I still don't now. He never seems to hit the ball with any conviction and if the keeper goes the right way, it would be an easy save.

That said, his record speaks for itself. He's very good at winning the psychological battle with the keeper.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

very much this BUT Hemed hesitates and watches which way the keeper is going before he strikes the ball.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sorry but have no confidence . However full credit to him. what he does works. Keeper today, as he didnt move, must have gambled on him dinking it down middle as he dived right or left.
For my nerves prefer Murray method of hitting it harder. If keeper gets hand to it still likely to go in,

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Sooner or later, a keeper will wise up and stand until ball is about to be struck, then Hemed is is trouble as his placing relies entirely on keeper moving before he strikes. Wouldn't mind seeing a video of the one he missed at Wolves last season to see what keeper did.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry but have no confidence . However full credit to him. what he does works. Keeper today, as he didnt move, must have gambled on him dinking it down middle as he dived right or left.
For my nerves prefer Murray method of hitting it harder. If keeper gets hand to it still likely to go in,

Just out of interest what does Tomer have to do to generate confidence.
According to this he has a career record of:-

Taken 20
Scored 19
Missed 1

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tomer-hemed/elfmetertore/spieler/112668

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sorry but have no confidence
No apology necessary, you don't have to have confidence.
Keeper today, as he didnt move, must have gambled on him dinking it down middle as he dived right or left.
I got the feeling the keeper was ready to dive to his left, then collapsed as the ball was struck to his right.

When Hemed steps up I feel that we've got as good a chance of scoring as we've ever had. Can't ask for more really.

Sooner or later, a keeper will wise up and stand until ball is about to be struck
What, like today? How did that work out?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just out of interest what does Tomer have to do to generate confidence.
According to this he has a career record of:-

Taken 20
Scored 19
Missed 1
He cost us promotion and hasn't even apologised! :mad:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Selective editing - read all my post. Clearly didn't work today, that's the point.
Eh? It wasn't selective editing (I just took the relevant bit) - here's you're whole quote:
"Sooner or later, a keeper will wise up and stand until ball is about to be struck, then Hemed is is trouble as his placing relies entirely on keeper moving before he strikes. Wouldn't mind seeing a video of the one he missed at Wolves last season to see what keeper did."

How is your point that it clearly didn't work today? You've simply said that a keeper will wise up and then Hemed is in trouble. A keep did what you said, and Hemed wasn't in trouble. I don't understand your point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here