Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there actually any truth in the Glenn Murray speculation?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Utter baloney. As I say, it was noty hindsight. When Murray went, my friends / family and myself who had seen Murray knew it a mistake but only the coaching staff (those paid to know something about football) had not worked out that we had lost a skillfull, clever goal scorer. It is the most inept and costly decision since equally bad decisions to not give Roy Keane and Ian Wright a contract, but at least Keane and Wright were not our leading goal scorers when those "footballing people" made those mistakes. Lets not forget Murray scored skillfull goals in the third tier when surrounded by donkeys. As we said at the time, he would have been perfect with the Poyert midfield in the Championship behind him. The point I simply am making is that it cannot, by definition be called hindsight because it was predicted and it is no comfort at all to say "we told you to" but we bloody well did.

Captain Hindsight. We made Murray an offer, he accepted an offer from somewhere else. Do many people wish we'd made a better offer? Obviously, yes. Who knows what would have happened had we kept Murray then, we'll never know so it's a mute point but you wouldn't think so when you hear people blather on about it.

I remember being pretty disappointed when Murray left but accepted it because we bought CMS. However, it is baffling that the coaching team didn't realise Murray was perfect for our style under Gus whilst CMS was less than perfect and never got played in his preferred front two.

It is easily the worst transfer decision in recent times.

The purchase of Sam Baldock outranks any other transfer decision in my lifetime. Even worse than the decision to purchase Craig Davies.

Hasn't Eddie Howe said he's being named in his 25 man squad on Tuesday so that would mean all we could hope for is a 93 day emergency loan

A 93 day loan is all we can get because he's already played on a permanent contract for 2 clubs this season, we're timing it so that he can play in a play-off final, should we get there. Rather than get there and not be able to play him because his loan has expired.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The best thing that can happen is:

- Bournemouth win all of their upcoming league games ( h v Arsenal, h v Stoke, a v Watford)
- Newcastle, Sunderland, Norwich and Swansea do badly in their league fixtures
- Bournemouth go out of the Cup (h v Everton)

Then maybe, come the end of February, Eddie Howe will be happy to let Murray come to us. I believe he wants to and I believe Hughton would like him.

Nothing to see here for another 4 weeks or so though.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

- Bournemouth win all of their upcoming league games ( h v Arsenal, h v Stoke, a v Watford)

Then, maybe, come the end of February Eddie Howe will be happy to let Murray come to us. I believe he wants to and I believe Hughton would like him.

Just need to keep winning in the meantime.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Then, maybe, come the end of February Eddie Howe will be happy to let Murray come to us. I believe he wants to and I believe Hughton would like him.

In the meantime we ask Luton for Craig McKail-Smith back here on loan. :jester:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Then maybe, come the end of February, Eddie Howe will be happy to let Murray come to us. I believe he wants to and I believe Hughton would like him.

You miss their most important 'must win' vs Palace tonight !

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

or, instead of all, b) Murray answers back to smug Eddie in training, one too many times, and Eddie wants him out of the door asap.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not yet - we need the 93 days to cover any possible play-off dates

Okay then. Glenn plays tonight, scores the winner to make the Palace ultras cry, then goes all half arsed in training for three weeks, and THEN answers back, upsetting smug Eddie?

Can't say fairer than that.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Okay then. Glenn plays tonight, scores the winner to make the Palace ultras cry, then goes all half arsed in training for three weeks, and THEN answers back, upsetting smug Eddie?

Can't say fairer than that.

Yes, text-book

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You miss their most important 'must win' vs Palace tonight !

Good point!

The BBC upcoming fixtures bit doesn't include tonight's game. I did think it was strange as I thought there was a full fixture list this mid-week.

Screen Shot 2016-02-02 at 11.33.21.png

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That's preferable to wanting bmuff to do well.

And this scenario is even better:

Inspired by a practical joke committed by a member of staff from Crystal Palace; Glenn nicks smug Eddie's car keys and shits in his glove compartment! Eddie gets a brown hand and goes apeshit! He then finds some incriminating CCTV and Murray is instantly sacked for gross misconduct. He then joins us for the rest of the season.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Inspired by a practical joke committed by a member of staff from Crystal Palace; Glenn nicks smug Eddie's car keys and shits in his glove compartment! Eddie gets a brown hand and goes apeshit! He then finds some incriminating CCTV and Murray is instantly sacked for gross misconduct. He then joins us for the rest of the season.

I can just picture his smug little face now :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Inspired by a practical joke committed by a member of staff from Crystal Palace; Glenn nicks smug Eddie's car keys and shits in his glove compartment!

I know GM is a very skilful player, delighted to hear that he is also a contortionist but that is not a good mental picture :eek:

Flex Your Head

When I lived in Brighton, the woman in the flat above me had her car broken in to. They didn’t steal anything, but the wrong'un curled one out in to one of her driving gloves and popped it back into the glove box. She didn’t realise until she was knuckles deep…

It was you, wasn't it?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
When I lived in Brighton, the woman in the flat above me had her car broken in to. They didn’t steal anything, but the wrong'un curled one out in to one of her driving gloves and popped it back into the glove box. She didn’t realise until she was knuckles deep…

It was you, wasn't it?

:blush:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
What is more likely TO happen is Murray scores the winner against Palace but doesn't CELEBRATE.

In the dressing room afterwards, Eddie howe tries to OUT stare him with his icy blue eyes and BERATES him for not diving from 6ft outside the box into the AREA to gain a penalty.

Later this month THE final STRAW is reached when Eddie is driving round Boscombe and sees GLENN walking to the TEXACO shop after filling his car up. Eddie TOOTS him but Glenn doesn't wave BACK

Having had his FILL of misery Murray, Eddie sends him packing end Feb.

It's really that SIMPLE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here