Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there a Jonah in the ranks...

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Vicente should be playing in there instead of Dicker.

Absolute waste up front Vicente is, we need him on the ball creating for us.

Im still hoping Mcheachran comes our way to play there, Vicente moves to Barnes roll and CMS back up top.

I agree with this. I still think out final midfield will be with Bridcutt in DM, Crofts as the box-to-box and Vicente and the free-roaming playmaker with likely Buckley and Barnes wide of CMS or a new striker in the front 3.

No place for Dicker or Harley in my line up and I still think Navarro and Sparrow both offer better options as back ups (I thought this before last night by the way)

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I said at the beginning of last season he was not up to it at this level and I've seen absolutely nothing to make me change my mind, it's boggling that he continues to get in the team.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
The worrying thing is gus sees to like him and I can't see him not being in the squad

The same goes for painter time and time again last season they were proved to be not up to it yet I couldnt quite understand having 3 defenders on the bench last night

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Seriously, he's had a WHOLE summer to work on this and nothing has changed from the back end of last season, he STILL looks unfit and shockingly slow!!!

Can Gus not see this?

You are not allowed to print anything detrimental about Gus on here, you should know that

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Absolutely, does not change the fact we have rarely won with him in the side though.

So are you suggesting we have TWO Jonah's in our side? I'd ship that bleedin' Vicente chap out as quickly as possible then. I've always thought there was something of the Lizard about him anyway. Is it any wonder that Gary Dicker is so ineffectual with a Reptilian in close proximity? Bloom needs to urgently have a word with his Illuminati chums & get this sorted before Saturday, otherwise our season will be over again before it began.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
14 games since a win with this plodder starting in the centre of midfield. THE GUS BUS NEEDS RID OF THE JONAH.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Good passer of the ball, but very slow on it- he cant run. I wish we had kept Navs over Dicker. Like Barnes maybe Dicker is also a love child?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Could it be that Gus has thrown him in to see if he really is good enough for this division and like most of the team that got us promotion they have had their chance and will be on the move.

I like GD's game but it would be more influential in League 1. IMO he struggles in at this level a bit and thats not being disrespectful its just the way it is.
You need power and mobility at this level and sadly they are not what dickers game is all about.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Absolutely, does not change the fact we have rarely won with him in the side though.

I cant understand why he had 11 years at the top with Valencia, won trophies, champions league finals, international call ups etc... when quite CLEARLY they shouldnt have been winning games with him in the side.

Mind Boggling really. GUS should get rid immediately and persever with dicker and harley and get sparrow back in too. That should sort out the problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here