• No - smokers are leppers and dirty

Votes: 54 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
For me the most important issue is protection of bar-workers from the effects of second hand cigarette smoke, it is the employers duty to provide a safe work-place for their employees, at the moment no pub/club/bar owner can claim that they are doing so.

I spent one week working in a bar a few years ago, it was something that I had considered doing as a career, going home every night stinking of stale cigarette smoke put me off completely (it made my clothes and hair reek so god knows what it was doing to my lungs).

Smokers will claim that the new law is an infringement on their civil liberties, what it will do is protect those who make a lifestyle choice not to smoke from doing so second hand.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It is only an infringement of your liberties if smoke sticks to you, the smoker, like clingfilm. If it infringes on other people's liberties, like a fart in a lift, then you deserve to be shown the selfishness of your ways. By being whacked by the law, like the last Tory boy smokers on the Brighton line a few years back. Kill yourself by smoking by all means, just give the people around you a sporting chance. :smokin: :wave:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
against it. don't smoke but like those smoky atmospheres- join PISS - passivity in smoking supporters.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Eddie the Seagull said:
I think it's a tad OTT.

I just feel a bit uncomfortable with this nanny state syndrome that we are inheriting from the Yanks.

What next is my concern ???

Excuse the editing but it isn't 'nanny state syndrome inherited from the US'.

Canada is at the forefront of reducing tobacco consumption....

Have a look at this article

Proof that there are moves worldwide to eliminate smoking-eventually.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
:clap2: The majority don't smoke, so it sounds good to me.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
dougdeep said:
:clap2: The majority don't smoke, so it sounds good to me.

yippee smoke free pubs.......sorry smokers but dont like bonfires blowing all around me when i am supping my tomato juice and having a laugh with my bible class.......:D

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Grendel said:
As I said yesterday, it's over the top and will destroy the pub industry in this country.

That's exactly what the Airlines said when Canada banned smoking on all flights, domestic and international-"we'll lose our customers to carriers who permit smoking".

What happened? Every other country followed suit and now you can't fly anywhere and have a cigarette on board (maybe China and a few old ex-Soviet Republics), but that's it.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Bwian said:
That's exactly what the Airlines said when Canada banned smoking on all flights, domestic and international-"we'll lose our customers to carriers who permit smoking".

What happened? Every other country followed suit and now you can't fly anywhere and have a cigarette on board (maybe China and a few old ex-Soviet Republics), but that's it.

Yup, they still enjoy the pubs in ireland.....smoke free:yawn:

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Speaking as a non smoker, i feel it is an infringment on smokers rights to ban it out right, making smokers go outside in the pissing rain and freezing wind surely is a health risk? Part of going to the pub is a smokey atmosphere, as long as a smoker doesn't try and make a fog around me smoknig doesnt bother me.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Redhead, I think you will find the instance of terminal cancer amongst those who smoke is slightly higher than those killed by the common cold whilst partaking of the weed outside in the pouring rain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here