Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the play-offs a dream?

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
So lets get this straight.

All those saying making the Playoffs and/or getting promoted would be a "nightmare", are you seriously suggesting you'd attend the Playoff semi's and the Final at Wembley hoping we'd lose ? Sitting there, head in hands moaning "oh no, no, no please don't score again Nooney...."

Bollocks.

If a promotion comes, however unlikely, it is something to be celebrated and embraced. YES it'd be massively tough, and we'd take a few whuppings on the way, but who's to say we wouldn't be capable of making a decent FIST of it overall ? Blackpool went up as the apparent "whipping boys" a couple of years ago, yet their relegation was only confirmed on the final day of the season. Are the likes of them, QPR, Norwich and Swansea so many light years ahead of us ? I don't think so. And for my money, we put up a very decent showing against both the Premiership teams we played this season who put out strong lineups.

Bloody scaredycats. I'd cuffing LOVE us to make the Playoffs and go up. Why else are we trying to win every week ?

Pff.

totally this.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Head says "no", but heart says "why not go for it".

We're used to a roller-coaster ride down here and it would be fun while it lasted. And the extra dosh would be welcome.

If we don't finish in the top 6 I won't mind one bit. It's a great league and at least we know we've got chances to win most of our games.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

All those saying making the Playoffs and/or getting promoted would be a "nightmare", are you seriously suggesting you'd attend the Playoff semi's and the Final at Wembley hoping we'd lose ? Sitting there, head in hands moaning "oh no, no, no please don't score again Nooney...."

Bollocks.

If a promotion comes, however unlikely, it is something to be celebrated and embraced. YES it'd be massively tough, and we'd take a few whuppings on the way, but who's to say we wouldn't be capable of making a decent FIST of it overall ? Blackpool went up as the apparent "whipping boys" a couple of years ago, yet their relegation was only confirmed on the final day of the season. Are the likes of them, QPR, Norwich and Swansea so many light years ahead of us ? I don't think so. And for my money, we put up a very decent showing against both the Premiership teams we played this season who put out strong lineups.

Bloody scaredycats. I'd cuffing LOVE us to make the Playoffs and go up. Why else are we trying to win every week ?

Pff.

Here here

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Realistic yes ... I'd be surprised, but aside from Sants and WHam there's no one that seems to be standing out. Very inconsistent league and right now anyone down to and including Brizzol has a chance if they put 3 or 4 results together. That'll change once we're thru Xmas period for sure

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008

Bollocks.

Pff.

Nail on the head. Playoff final at Wembley and getting promoted to the Premier League? Yes RUDDY please.

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
What ever happens apart from relegation and I will be happy. If we go up, and it is a big if, then you never know. I always remember the Newcastle fans a couple of years ago saying 'I don't care what you think i just want to be in the premiership challenging the top.' And look where they are now!!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Are Brightons dreams a reality? with all the quality sides in our division is it possible that we can make the play offs? and if not where would you be happy?

Play-offs?

Between 7th and 12?

13th and 17?

Just above the drop?

No , but imho the play offs should be done away with.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No , but imho the play offs should be done away with.

What? Why? So the division is over as a contest for 90% of the teams with 6 weeks to go?

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
the playoffs a nightmare? Are you insane?

The money a promotion would bring would allow us to improve our squad substantially. Norwich seem to be doing okay? So do Swansea. And then if we do go down the parachute payments would allow us to improve in the longterm at a faster rate.

we want to go up ... to want anything else would be madness ... but lets have a look at forest first ...well played tonight!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here