Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the play-offs a dream?

Walker_this_way

Oct 18, 2011
Are Brightons dreams a reality? with all the quality sides in our division is it possible that we can make the play offs? and if not where would you be happy?

Play-offs?

Between 7th and 12?

13th and 17?

Just above the drop?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think, given the tightness of the division, that play offs are possible, but I think we would be one of those straight back down again teams if we did make it up. The money would be welcome, the increased fan base and visits from premier league big boys would be welcome, the parachute payments would be welcome. Not sure the constantly losing would be welcome though.

Having said that upper mid is my idea of a good season.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I think, given the tightness of the division, that play offs are possible, but I think we would be one of those straight back down again teams if we did make it up. The money would be welcome, the increased fan base and visits from premier league big boys would be welcome, the parachute payments would be welcome. Not sure the constantly losing would be welcome though.

Having said that upper mid is my idea of a good season.

There is no way that we would be ready. And a season of getting whipped every week is not always easily recovered from. Also, whilst the money would be nice, in our position we are not dependant on it. Pushing for promotion in the next few years will give us a more realistic chance of stabilising at that level.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Playoffs would be a nightmare, not a dream.

A finish somewhere about 10th or so would be the perfect scenario for us IMO.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We'd have to do really bloody well and strengthen in the Jan window to stand a chance of the play offs. So it's not technically a dream, just pretty darn unlikely.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I would hate for us to be in the play offs Id be more than happy fo us to sit in mid of table come end of season even next season finish just outside the playoffs, we have a young squad and being in this divion is just right for them

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Are Brightons dreams a reality? with all the quality sides in our division is it possible that we can make the play offs? and if not where would you be happy?

Play-offs?

Between 7th and 12?

13th and 17?

Just above the drop?

no, but to go up with the playoffs would be a nightmare.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Much to early for promotion for this squad......mid table would be an achievement. Having said that if by a miracle we made the play-offs i would not expect many fans to say......oh nooooooooo.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
As said we'd get hammered in the prem but if we did get in the play offs we'd be there because we deserve to. At the moment we deserve to be 10th.

We would invest strongly if we did get up so cant always predict.

Certainly wouldnt be a nightmare, would be a great ride. To soon though

For me staying in champ is great , mid table would be fantastic

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We're in no way ready to go up. Or even to nick anywhere near sixth place. Still, we are Brighton and we do take the piss. So who knows. :shrug:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It's a possibility but not a probability. And I agree with those above who are saying we're not ready.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why are the play offs a nightmare?

Personally I don't think we will get into the play offs

BUT surely one more home match with TV money and maybe the money from a trip to Wembley must be a bonus.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So lets get this straight.

All those saying making the Playoffs and/or getting promoted would be a "nightmare", are you seriously suggesting you'd attend the Playoff semi's and the Final at Wembley hoping we'd lose ? Sitting there, head in hands moaning "oh no, no, no please don't score again Nooney...."

Bollocks.

If a promotion comes, however unlikely, it is something to be celebrated and embraced. YES it'd be massively tough, and we'd take a few whuppings on the way, but who's to say we wouldn't be capable of making a decent FIST of it overall ? Blackpool went up as the apparent "whipping boys" a couple of years ago, yet their relegation was only confirmed on the final day of the season. Are the likes of them, QPR, Norwich and Swansea so many light years ahead of us ? I don't think so. And for my money, we put up a very decent showing against both the Premiership teams we played this season who put out strong lineups.

Bloody scaredycats. I'd cuffing LOVE us to make the Playoffs and go up. Why else are we trying to win every week ?

Pff.

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
I don't think we have much of a chance of promotion and I don't think we're ready either... but you need to aim high in this division and I'd enjoy a go at the playoffs.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Perhaps a bit premature but I think the top 5 (in no particular order) will be Southampton, West Ham, Cardiff, Middlesbrough and Birmingham.

That would leave Leeds, Blackpool, Leicester and the rest of the mid-table pack fighting over the last spot. An outside chance, unlikely, but you never know!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
the playoffs a nightmare? Are you insane?

The money a promotion would bring would allow us to improve our squad substantially. Norwich seem to be doing okay? So do Swansea. And then if we do go down the parachute payments would allow us to improve in the longterm at a faster rate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here