Are we done for the day?

• Total voters

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I dont agree with this at all.
Fair enough
Facts are that our defence is one of the best in the league.
Can't arue with the defence, though none of the 3 that are actually our players are under 30
We do score but just not enough. It doesnt need over hauling it just needs tweaking.
Haven't we only scored more than 2 league goals in a league game on 5 occasions this season? It needs more than a tweak IMO
If Sanchez works out then that is a pacey striker that can play any of the front 3, add to this Stephens who apparently can pick a pass and was mentally ahead of lesser players at Charlton.
Agreed, hopefully Sanchez is a bargain and can add some much needed firepower. I'm excited about the Stephens signing.
No need to even mention CMS coming back.
CMS wasn't good enough before his injury(IMO), not expecting him to set the league on fire post injury.
To me that is tweaking it . We know we wont concede many so we dont need to start being man city, we just need a few more goals here and there and we'll cement top 6.

OG has done that (and its not even midnight yet)
We're battling with some very strong teams for a spot in the play offs, with most of those strengthening during the window, I think we will lose ground and fall short. I think we need more than a few goals here and there, we need a clinical edge to our game. Way too many blanks this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You might be happy with it. In fact i'm happy with it. But I doubt the man who has spent well over £100m + is happy with it. Tony Bloom may well be a fan and he may well be loaded. But he is not an idiot. He will want a return on his money one day....The Amex, Lancing, The Hotel...You think he will be happy leveling out as a mid table championship side??? I think not......I repeat again, it will do me as long as i'm not asked to pay prem prices for the experience of watching championship football. Which is what we are doing atm. Ok we don't pay what Arsenal/Chelsea pay, but then we are not watching Ozil or Hazard. We are paying more than some prem clubs though.

He would be an idiot if he just chucked money at players in a desperate effort to make the Premier League. I think we still have a chance of making the playoffs, that will be some achievement after Gusgate. I imagine TB is not as impatient as your average Brighton fan and is looking long term, hence the outlay on the training facilities rather than spending it on players for a lunge at the Premier League. When we go up, it should be with a good chance of actually doing better than all three promoted teams from last season are doing. All three could be back down again next season, I hope we are aspiring to be there for a while when we get there.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
You might be happy with it. In fact i'm happy with it. But I doubt the man who has spent well over £100m + is happy with it. Tony Bloom may well be a fan and he may well be loaded. But he is not an idiot. He will want a return on his money one day....The Amex, Lancing, The Hotel...You think he will be happy leveling out as a mid table championship side??? I think not......I repeat again, it will do me as long as i'm not asked to pay prem prices for the experience of watching championship football. Which is what we are doing atm. Ok we don't pay what Arsenal/Chelsea pay, but then we are not watching Ozil or Hazard. We are paying more than some prem clubs though.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Fair enough

Can't arue with the defence, though none of the 3 that are actually our players are under 30

Haven't we only scored more than 2 league goals in a league game on 5 occasions this season? It needs more than a tweak IMO

Agreed, hopefully Sanchez is a bargain and can add some much needed firepower. I'm excited about the Stephens signing.

CMS wasn't good enough before his injury(IMO), not expecting him to set the league on fire post injury.
We're battling with some very strong teams for a spot in the play offs, with most of those strengthening during the window, I think we will lose ground and fall short. I think we need more than a few goals here and there, we need a clinical edge to our game. Way too many blanks this season.

And breathe...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Reality is weve signed 2 players. A 2nd Division striker and Dale Stephens - Jury out on both.

We've lost Bridcutt / El Abd / Barnes plus you could argue Conway (I was expecting him back)

If someone had said at the start of the window 'Will you take that on the 31/01' I'd tell them where to ram it. Its not over yet of course but....

In a nutshell, we are weaker as of this moment than we were 5 weeks ago. People saying Cms & Hoskins will be like 2 new players are clutching at straws. Who knows what either of them will come back like after what they have been through. Especially Hoskins, with what he has been through the last three years it wouldn't surprise me if his confidence is shot to pieces, poor sod.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Fair enough

we will see . Opinions isnt it.

Off to the boozer

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He would be an idiot if he just chucked money at players in a desperate effort to make the Premier League. I think we still have a chance of making the playoffs, that will be some achievement after Gusgate. I imagine TB is not as impatient as your average Brighton fan and is looking long term, hence the outlay on the training facilities rather than spending it on players for a lunge at the Premier League. When we go up, it should be with a good chance of actually doing better than all three promoted teams from last season are doing. All three could be back down again next season, I hope we are aspiring to be there for a while when we get there.

TB is not checking his bank statement on a regular basis and worried how he is going to make ends meet though is he, like your average Brighton fan who has to justify when his/her excess money is spent.....For the record I think we are a goalscorer short of a top 6 spot. I'm not convinced Ulloa is the answer, when there was talk of Wickham I said to a friend, if we get him then top 6 is a cert....In the cold light of day, that was never going to happen. Although that's exactly the type of player we deserve as fans........Maybe Buckley may still end up at Sunderland and Wickham come here on loan?????????

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I would have killed for that a few years ago and right now I'm happy to take it. Of course I'd rather we were steamrollering the division but then I don't think we have a divine right to be challenging at the top. Slowly slowly catchey monkey, we'll get there, of that I have no doubt. We may lose some fans on the way but they'll be back in a flash when we're up near the top of the division imo.

This idea that season tickets sales will fall is being used as a stick to try and beat Bloom into spending even more money, which is a bit sad imo

Good post.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Why? Have we lost one?

We have KLL, Buckley and March (and Monakana as back up), in the 'fast/direct' category, and David Lopez and Orlandi in the 'drift about/pick a pass' category. CMS and the David Rodriguez can play the 'out wide stiker', off Ulloa.

What kind of wide player are we desperately missing?

Love your categories. Makes me wonder what Macca is. 'Fast backpass chaser' category? And Adam? 'Uncomfortable muscly man cuddler' category

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Can everyone realise this is simply a holding season where the new manager settles in and works out which players he keeps & who he wants to buy fir next seasons push. How many times in the last 30 years have we been in the top half of this Div as we are now.
Enjoy the season for what it is & have some patience

Jimmy Grimble

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I accept all the arguments about financial prudence but cant help being disappointed with the clubs business during the window, which I believe leaves us weaker than going in. It seems odd that only one is in today when you consider Oscar statement this morning that he expected a busy day, don't see that happening now. To me the business send out the message of consolidation when I guess we all expected more

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004

But then if he isn't happy, he's the one person who can do something about it. For all the hand wringing on here, none of us can.

The fact he's made the decisions he has, suggests he's content with things (at the moment...)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
So you think we should spend loads on mercenary players with huge wages to get us promoted? There's no point. We need investment in infrastructure first, then when/if we reach the Premiership we might have a shot at staying there (see Southampton)

Ahhh... At last, a voice of reason amongst bedwetting. :clap2:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Well said. Posters who moan about ambition are just as bad as Poyet and his moaning. One single guy has bankrolled the club to build a stadium, a training facility, smashed our transfer record (signings) and continues to pay our debts.

If Knight and his book are to be believed and we would have been able to build the new stadium with borrowed money once the economy recovered, we would still be playing at Withdean, without any money and god knows which league. Even at best if the finance had been agreed our player budget would be far far lower than present.

Some need a reality check.

Another voice of reason.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'm happy enough with what we've done tbh. If we get some more, then brilliant. If we don't, then we still have the loan and free agent market to delve into. I'll be chuffed to bits if we keep Buckley, without doubt the best winger in the league when he's fit.

No need to panic people!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here