Is Oscar really leaving ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Love that everyone thinks Poyet will stay be at Sunderland next year. It'd be hilarious, but it won't happen.

And no, it doesn't look like Oscar will really be leaving.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
OK just done some wiki work. Found this gem:

Schnorbitz once fell into a swimming pool at Terry Scott's house, only to be rescued by Barbara Windsor

Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Schnorbitz's owner once said, " Do you know who I am." To me. :wanker:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Schnorbitz's owner once said, " Do you know who I am." To me. :wanker:

neither of the Winter bros were very funny
my Dad worked with them once and he thought they were useless..............sounds like he and you got it right mate

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ulloa, absolutely.

Buckley, Lua Lua and may I throw Orlandi in to the mix? are our 3 most creative attacking forces. And yet, between the 3 of them, there is always at least 1 absent through injury. I hate to slate a Brighton player, and I'm not going to, especially as Buckley and Orlandi are 2 of my favourites, but can we really afford to have such important players so injury prone? Much as I'd hate to see them go, I can't help feeling we need some more consistent perfomers of their ilk.

I think Ward replacing the more skilful and exciting but injury prone Bridge is a good example. Steady and has played just about every game and although he is not in the same class as Bridge, well just look at his record for Reading this season. A full season of a good player like Ward is better than half a season of an injured Bridge.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Schnorbitz once fell into a swimming pool at Terry Scott's house, only to be rescued by Barbara Windsor

I may be hallucinating in my old age, but I have vague memories of being taken along as a kid to the grand opening in Hove - by Schnorbitz and one or more of the brothers - of a car wash. Anyone else have a similar memory?

(Sorry to hijack a thread about OG, BTW, but there may be more truth in this tangent)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I hope you are right and that he does want a new deal. He seems to be one of very few players who (outwardly at least) seems to give a damn.

The reason that he may want to leave though, is precisely because he IS the man that Oscar turns to, to try to change a game after 60/70 minutes. He has said himself that he is fed up with being an 'impact player' and wants to play from the start.

It is not up to Kazenga to decide whether he wants a new deal - the option is the club's, not LuaLua's.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Terry Scott is .......... dead?? :cry:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Sunderland will lose Fletcher and Adam Johnson because they're too expensive, Borini will probably return to Liverpool or get another Prem gig, Ki will go back to Swansea. Altidore is rubbish. That will leave them with Connor Wickham, who is good at Championship level. Players like Buckley and Lua Lua are EXACTLY what Gus will need in the Championship.

I'd put money on Gus not being at Sunderland next season tbh.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I like the sound of that. Any chance of Jones doing one though?

What do you know about Jones role and his coaching level and previous achievements etc just out of interest?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It is not up to Kazenga to decide whether he wants a new deal - the option is the club's, not LuaLua's.

Something that wasn't explained very well to Señor Vicente :lol:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I may be hallucinating in my old age, but I have vague memories of being taken along as a kid to the grand opening in Hove - by Schnorbitz and one or more of the brothers - of a car wash. Anyone else have a similar memory?

(Sorry to hijack a thread about OG, BTW, but there may be more truth in this tangent)

That's possibly the most amazing thing I've ever heard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports