Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it right to sell Neal Maupay?

Is it right to sell Neal Maupay?

• Unconditionally yes

Votes: 164 38.4%
  • Yes, if he is replaced

Votes: 225 52.7%
  • No, he's worth keeping

Votes: 38 8.9%

• Total voters

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Conversely, I would have liked to have seen him under RDZ. I think he has a similar problem to what March had in terms of confidence in front of goal, and if that had been sorted he would have been a great striker for us.

Everton was always a bad move for him though

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He was decent for us without doubt. The fee we got was also well over what he was worth. He’d have been a decent squad player but wasn’t happy with that. Wish him well but like all players we sell I don’t want them pulling up trees - natural human / fan reaction - so pleased he’s flopped so far tbh.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Conversely, I would have liked to have seen him under RDZ. I think he has a similar problem to what March had in terms of confidence in front of goal, and if that had been sorted he would have been a great striker for us.

Everton was always a bad move for him though
Maybe, but 'great to be at a big club'.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Everton won't see the best of him this year because we had him on our bench for August and then the season took a break in November. Since he played his first game for us in August 2019, he has scored 27 goals. 20 of those came before Christmas each season; Of the seven scored after the turn of the year, one was in the first game back after the forced lock down break gave him a mini pre-season. I don't know why but, in terms of goal scoring, he's a different player from August to December than he is for the rest of the season.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Too good (and far too moody) to be third string. Would score a lot (well some) more than Welbeck or our german. Be very interesting alongside one of Welbeck in current form or even better Ferguson. Think with the latter, they’d fire each other up in the moments we need it and be a lot of fun. Would he be happy playing 15-20 minutes most weeks though? Shirley that would have been better than going and rotting at Everton, except for bank balance. But he probably thought he’d play more there and that they’d be better.

That said realistically if not the main man sadly had to sell and got a good deal with contract remaining etc. In a parallel universe though there’s a Maupay who’s enjoying playing a Tariq Lamptey amount of minutes here under De Zerbi having signed a similar new contract instead of asking for a huge increase, despite a smaller (but still important) role.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Maupay has scored one goal in his last 28 League games.

I know his game is more than scoring goals, but........

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Saw Mark Farrington score once as well…… and O’Grady 😉
Well that late Palarse leveller was just an example, whilst never prolific he has scored quite a few for us over several seasons, although the goals had dried up a bit towards the end.

I'm sad to see his demise at Everton though, it can't be much fun for anyone playing for them at the moment.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well that late Palarse leveller was just an example, whilst never prolific he has scored quite a few for us over several seasons, although the goals had dried up a bit towards the end.

I'm sad to see his demise at Everton though, it can't be much fun for anyone playing for them at the moment.
Neal will always be remembered as a good solid footballer, a scorer of great goals rather than a great goal scorer.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Saw Mark Farrington score once as well…… and O’Grady 😉
Barker and Farrington are in my all time worst. Couldn’t strike a match between ‘em. Hopeless. Absolutely hopeless. Barker was so bad he eventually became cult. I saw nearly every Albion match the two of them played, so am well qualified to judge. Boy were we shite in them days. If you’re reading kids, you’ve seen nothing. Nothing by comparison. We are living the dream now so enjoy before screaming Maupay’s crap etc!! He really isn’t. It’s laughable to even suggest.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Barker and Farrington are in my all time worst. Couldn’t strike a match between ‘em. Hopeless. Absolutely hopeless. Barker was so bad he eventually became cult. I saw nearly every Albion match the two of them played, so am well qualified to judge. Boy were we shite in them days. If you’re reading kids, you’ve seen nothing. Nothing by comparison. We are living the dream now so enjoy before screaming Maupay’s crap etc!! He really isn’t. It’s laughable to even suggest.
Absolutely this! I recall Farrington somehow luckily managing to shin an effort into the south stand goal and he reeled away Shearer like!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Neal will always be remembered as a good solid footballer, a scorer of great goals rather than a great goal scorer.
I’d go with solid rather than good, but definitely a scorer of great and important goals.

My point was one goal didn’t make him good or even great (IMO) as others have done the same, who were quite poor. Similarly, the flack towards Undav is completely unjustified, which is where we started.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The fact we've not missed him one bit and we improved significantly when he was dropped says all you need to know about how we play and the level at which we do it Now.

comparing him to some of knackers yard rejects we had last century is irrelevant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here