Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it moral...

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Would it be moral, knowing that a crime is being committed, to do nothing to stop it?

Interesting point. Off topic reply: Depends on the crime. A starving man stealing from Tesco's bins...

The law is sometimes an ass.

I seem to be arguing against myself here...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Prepare for a new thread from Ernest:

My lovely Polish neighbour, who struggling to support his terminally ill wife, and his two disabled children, is now being done for benefit fraud because of some low life grass who didn't like him working nights as a cabbie, while claiming benefits.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I don't think they should claim housing benefit/ESA/CT benefit and work. However i do feel like a gutless wanker for dobbing.
My anger is from a culmination of issues, which the last straw is their repeated damage to the 'common ways' in the building which they don't have to pay for as they rent. It's just a lack of respect for their neighbours etc...

But tell me baldy, do you think it's moral?

Don't beat yourself up about it, they shouldn't have been doing it. If you feel bad about it though it's because you know it wasn't the way to resolve your problem with them.
In an ideal world, if you have a problem with the way they treat communal areas, you talk to them or write a note explaining what the problem is and ask them politely not to do it. If they ignore that then you contact their landlord or letting agent.
The problem with that is, if they are universally disliked by all the neighbours, but you are the only one that has spoken to them about it, stuff like getting grassed to the social will start to happen to them and they will think it is you that is doing it all.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Don't beat yourself up about it, they shouldn't have been doing it. If you feel bad about it though it's because you know it wasn't the way to resolve your problem with them.
In an ideal world, if you have a problem with the way they treat communal areas, you talk to them or write a note explaining what the problem is and ask them politely not to do it. If they ignore that then you contact their landlord or letting agent.
The problem with that is, if they are universally disliked by all the neighbours, but you are the only one that has spoken to them about it, stuff like getting grassed to the social will start to happen to them and they will think it is you that is doing it all.

They don't seem to be very well liked, had a few neighbours complain to me about them when they had a dog for a month or so and let it crap all over the pavement outside and wouldn't clean up after it...
I have spoken to them politely about it, and the managing agent too. So yes they're bound to think it's me.

It's just so god damn frustrating not being able to get your point across (not talking about language difficulties, they're all fluent) and for the record, i don't think it's because they're Polish, it's worse, they've lived in London for the last 15-20 years...

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Of course it's moral to "dob" them in.

The welfare pot has only got 'so much' money. If people are taking from the welfare pot when they shouldn't, it leaves less for those in genuine need. To not support those in genuine need is immoral.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I don't think they should claim housing benefit/ESA/CT benefit and work. However i do feel like a gutless wanker for dobbing.
My anger is from a culmination of issues, which the last straw is their repeated damage to the 'common ways' in the building which they don't have to pay for as they rent. It's just a lack of respect for their neighbours etc...

But tell me baldy, do you think it's moral?

Attention seeking c0ck warning!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
They don't seem to be very well liked, had a few neighbours complain to me about them when they had a dog for a month or so and let it crap all over the pavement outside and wouldn't clean up after it...
I have spoken to them politely about it, and the managing agent too. So yes they're bound to think it's me.

It's just so god damn frustrating not being able to get your point across (not talking about language difficulties, they're all fluent) and for the record, i don't think it's because they're Polish, it's worse, they've lived in London for the last 15-20 years...

If you've tried reasonable, ****em, do your worst to them.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If I had time to dig out the evidence, I would, but the majority of people who get "reported" for benefit fraud come out of it as clean as a whistle. When their situation is investigated, there is nothing wrong.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Their nationality isn't important, i almost excluded it. Just thought i'd add it to spice things up a bit.

Should work, perhaps you could tell us they are Muslim, palace fans too.... If they read the Mail you will be well away.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
since they are polish it goes without saying they must therefore be Roma Gypsies who like nothing better than kidnapping babies and eating them or making them dance or sell them as sex slaves.......i think you have done your local community a service.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
to dob my polish neighbours in for benefit fraud?

If youd do so if they were English then I suppose you should. Why you would do that to anyone is another matter. Regardless of nationality Im not sure Id feel comfortable about being a snitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here