Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it just me but

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You've talked about this 'song' United supposedly sing about Falklands soldiers on several threads, but can't be specific. I don't think it exists. Is there any evidence at all it has ever been sung, or is it just total bollocks?

Exactly, sounds HIGHLY unlikely that Utd fans would sing that.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
It amazes me that for 364 days out of the year I am allowed to dislike Man U but for the 365th I am expected - no it's almost DEMANDED of me that I support them "because they're English" . . . overpaid prancing prima donnas.
Let's face it nobody on here with the exception of SJ's Love Monkey or any of the other P*l*ce fans that get on here would surely support Cr*st*l P*l*ce were they (God forbid) ever playing in Europe even though "they're English" so why support Man U unless you're a plastic Manc ?

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Sums it up for me. Anyone supporting Barca just to be anti-Man Utd is just bitter, end of. If the Albion were as successful as Man Utd we wouldn't be complaining would we? Anti Man Utd for the sake of it is such a shallow, bitter, unhealthy mindset to have.

Well I'm not anti ManU for the sake of it, I have reasons and I think they're good. There is nothing shallow or bitter about how I feel about them.

Without going into my own reasons, can you really see no reason for someone to dislike ManU outside of teh fact that they are successful?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Have to say, seeing the self-obsessed budgie Ronaldo (he loves mirrors) visibly upset is ALWAYS good value. For that reason alone, tonight was an absolute joy.
Disappointing lack of plastics in the pub though. Why are they ALWAYS there when Utd do well, but so conspicuously ABSENT when they lose ?

Tch.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Unless it was the Albion playing against Barca I always support Barca the fact that they beat United (and got past Chelsea on the way) was just an added bonus

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
You've talked about this 'song' United supposedly sing about Falklands soldiers on several threads, but can't be specific. I don't think it exists. Is there any evidence at all it has ever been sung, or is it just total bollocks?

Recent songs I have actually heard sung are at Tevez by other fans ('You should have died in the Falklands') and Ronaldo ('You should have died in the tunnel' - reference to his car prang). I would say United are far more sinned against than sinners in the sick songs department over the last 30 years, though it isn't a contest and any examples shame those involved.

Well, I knew a bloke who I pissed off once in The Station Pub because he drew a Man Utd Champions credit card out of his wallet and I told him it had expired. He got pissed off with that and proceeded to sing the said song. Quite how he got out of the pub alive I'll never know but I promise you the song was sang and he told me later that it is sung regularly at Old Trafford.

And as far as other fans songs go, I agree, wrong, but as they say 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I've only just found out the result and I'm delighted. I see no conflict between celebrating St. George's day and supporting Barca, especially since St. George is one of the two patron saints of Barcelona, along with Eulalia.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - this was a CLUB competition, not a national one.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
To be honest, I have an aversion to United winning anything almost purely down to Ron Atkinson's co-commentating in the past....'Manchester's little princes' indeed....combined with the increasing arrogance that has infested United/Chelsea/Arsenal over recent years (not to say Barcelona might not be the same, but you don't get to see it every week :) )

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well, I knew a bloke who I pissed off once in The Station Pub because he drew a Man Utd Champions credit card out of his wallet and I told him it had expired. He got pissed off with that and proceeded to sing the said song. Quite how he got out of the pub alive I'll never know but I promise you the song was sang and he told me later that it is sung regularly at Old Trafford.

Now we're getting somewhere. So you've never heard it sung anywhere other than by one angry dullard in a pub, with some accompanying wild stories. As I suspected.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
So, you wouldn't want a team from the same city to win.

I never said that. I said I wouldn't expect Man City fans to want Utd to win. Nothing about my personal choice.

You wouldn't want a team from the same set of Islands to win

Not really no. I consider myself primarily English rather than British. If it had been Rangers or Celtic instead of Utd tonight, I doubt I would have even watched the game to be honest.

As you said, I shan't preach to you either. We're all enititled to our own opinions. Shall we just agree to disagree :thumbsup:

chez

Jul 5, 2003
Now we're getting somewhere. So you've never heard it sung anywhere other than by one angry dullard in a pub, with some accompanying wild stories. As I suspected.

Err, well I've never been in the home end of Old Trafford so wouldn't have heard it at the game. I heard it from a season ticket holder that hadn't missed a home or away game for about 3 years. Thats pretty much as good as it gets isn't it.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well all that I can say is that you eiher dont know any scum fans or have know some very strange ones.

They are wankers of the highest order who have turned their back on their own country and deserve no support from the rest of us IMHO.

They developed a quite understandable antipathy to most things England when for years their players like Gary Neville and Beckham sweated blood for the national cause, and got booed by a load of dickheads at Wembley for their pains because of which club they played for.

That is a world away from some imaginary song about the Falklands.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
I never said that. I said I wouldn't expect Man City fans to want Utd to win. Nothing about my personal choice.

Not really no. I consider myself primarily English rather than British. If it had been Rangers or Celtic instead of Utd tonight, I doubt I would have even watched the game to be honest.

As you said, I shan't preach to you either. We're all enititled to our own opinions. Shall we just agree to disagree :thumbsup:

Fair do's mate. :ascarf::falmer:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Delighted Man Utd lost. Would be happy to have St George's Day as a holiday, but I celebrated nonetheless, without singing 'There ain't no black. In Union Jack'.

To me, Man Utd don't give a toss about winning it for the English League. They are in it for themselves, as with most teams. My hatred of Man Utd stems from cornering the market and exploiting the circumstances. They were one of the main voices that ensured that home gate receipts were not shared and they have 'inadvertently' stolen a whole generation of fans from surrounding/countrywide teams.

Most of that is tired and anaemic Barrel. Utd have more season ticket holders from within their own city than any other English team. They have huge commercial success off the field and I would be surprised at any person or organisation for having to apologise for that. Lets face it all clubs rip off their supporters on shirt prices and the like and we pay 25 quid for a ticket at an athletics track for fucks sake and you say its the Utd`s of this world that have corrupted the game. If they have 'stole' fans from other areas its exactly the same in Spain, Italy, Germany and everywhere else in this continent and has been ever since I have been following the game.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
Utd have more season ticket holders from within their own city than any other English team.

I'm not questioning you (see what i did there!), but where did you get that info from. If there is a list like that to show all English teams it would be interesting to see. More for our division than the Premiership but I think it would be interesting on the whole.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Just a quick word on the supposed songs Utd sing about the Falklands, I've been to Old Trafford at least 20 times, including at least once a season up to last season, and have never heard a song about the Falklands. They're certainly anti- the England football team, due to the universal dislike of them by much of the rest of England, but anti-English generally? I don't think so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here