Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it just me but

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
There seems alot of people on here that seem to be happy Englands Man Utd lost tonight that were supporting he reinstatement of an English St Georges day only last month ..

One can't have it both ways surely ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Happy United lost and no interest in re-instating a St Georges day here.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
There seems alot of people on here that seem to be happy Englands Man Utd lost tonight that were supporting he reinstatement of an English St Georges day only last month ..

bunch of HYPOCRITES Redders, just like the Man U fans in the pub calling all Barca players divers when Ronaldo "tackled" them....I just laughed!

What really got my GOAT was the losers chanting "Argentina!"....f***ing idiots!

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire

Don't get you mate. One minute you call us racist and xenophobes then knock us for cheering Barca

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
bunch of HYPOCRITES Redders, just like the Man U fans in the pub calling all Barca players divers when Ronaldo "tackled" them....I just laughed!

Why do they chant Argentina?

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham

Exactly, i seem to be the only other person who wanted united to win tonight, no i'm not in tears but i would just prefer to see an english team lift the trophy in front of the whole of the world, giving the english league a good name

Mar 13, 2008
St George isn't even English. He is Turkish.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
This is the best day of non Brighton related football for years!!!

I love England and I love St Georges Day, but I f***ing hate Man United.

As I've said in other threads, a Rangers fan wouldn't want Celtic to win a game against another team just because they come from the same city would they.

Exactly the same principal here.

Also don't forget that Manure fans sing anti english songs at their games and songs celebrating the death of British soldiers in The Falklands. Wankers like that will never get my support and IMO nor should they from any self respecting Englishman.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

hey mate, spot on

ps new Rancid on isohunt.com

:getInvolved:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Delighted Man Utd lost. Would be happy to have St George's Day as a holiday, but I celebrated nonetheless, without singing 'There ain't no black. In Union Jack'.

To me, Man Utd don't give a toss about winning it for the English League. They are in it for themselves, as with most teams. My hatred of Man Utd stems from cornering the market and exploiting the circumstances. They were one of the main voices that ensured that home gate receipts were not shared and they have 'inadvertently' stolen a whole generation of fans from surrounding/countrywide teams.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
As I've said in other threads, a Rangers fan wouldn't want Celtic to win a game against another team just because they come from the same city would they.

Exactly the same principal here.

Completely different. On your principal, no I wouldn't expect Man City suporters to want Utd to win, but I was supporting Utd today because they are from the same COUNTRY as me, not the same city.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here