Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Grabban a Brighton Player?

Stumpy Tim

Lets just say I know more than you. We never seem to appreciate the worth of our strikers aka Murray and Barnes and potential signings ... hopefully this will not cost us a play-off spot. And I'm talking pittance money here as well

How do you know what I know? There's obviously reasons why we negotiate like we do. Always amazes me people think they know better than Bloom and Barber - hugely successful businessmen.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
He has to sign for us - I have written him a SONG. It will be WASTED unless we can sign another striker whose name contains the same number of SYLLABLES. :flounce:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Naylor tweet:- [MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: Nothing more on Grabban at this stage because there is nothing more to tell apart from speculation that Reading now interested. #bhafc

Well, they pay more. IF they are in for Grabban, we might as well start bidding for Mason now.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That Echo bloke has just tweeted that Reading are interested.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Reading are desperate for striker(s), I think we've lost out here.

No guarantees Mason will come, wages biggest issue again.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
According to the latest Argus update:

"A number of other Championship clubs, including Leicester, Nottingham Forest and QPR, are also understood to be monitoring developments but The Argus understands Albion remain Grabban's preferred destination."

I would have thought wages at those clubs would be higher...

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I need to be careful what I say now, as I had egg on my face yesterday, but I'm prepared to take the abuse as I'm only passing on what I've been told by someone who I trust completely.

As of 7pm last night everything was agreed an in place, medical passed and personal terms agreed, when my source left the Amex it was just a case of press release, photoshoot and the obligatory interviews to be concluded...... But, then I'm lead to believe Grabban was made aware of interest in his services elsewhere by his agent and a decision was made to go away and 'sleep on things' This morning the players agent has been pushing for a longer contract than the initial 2 year deal that BHAFC had put on the table and had been agreed, I'm led to believe 2 other Championship clubs have now expressed an interest both of which have had a fee accepted by Bournemouth and permission to speak with Grabban.

Everything I have been told suggests Grabban was keen to get the deal signed and confirm the contract with BHAFC but his agent decided to up the ante in terms of contract length with the apparent offers coming in from other clubs.

Finally, I must add the last bit of interesting information I was given... Apparently Grabbans agent has sincerely pissed off our chairman with his demand of an extended contract despite initially agreeing a 2 year deal, to the extent where his demands may just have jepodised the entire transfer.

As always, don't shoot the messenger just passing on what I've been told in good faith.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I need to be careful what I say now, as I had egg on my face yesterday, but I'm prepared to take the abuse as I'm only passing on what I've been told by someone who I trust completely.

As of 7pm last night everything was agreed an in place, medical passed and personal terms agreed, when my source left the Amex it was just a case of press release, photoshoot and the obligatory interviews to be concluded...... But, then I'm lead to believe Grabban was made aware of interest in his services elsewhere by his agent and a decision was made to go away and 'sleep on things' This morning the players agent has been pushing for a longer contract than the initial 2 year deal the BHAFC had put in the table and had been agreed, I'm led to believe 2 other Championship clubs have now expressed an interest both of which have had a fee accepted by Bournemouth and permission to speak with Grabban.

Everything I have been told suggests Grabban was keen to get the deal signed and confirm the contract with BHAFC but his agent decided to up the ante in terms of contract length with the apparent offers coming in from other clubs.

Finally, I must add the last bit of interesting information I was given... Apparently Grabbans agent has sincerely pissed off our chairman with his demand of an extended contract despite initially agreeing a 2 year deal, to the extent where his demands may just have jepodised the move.

As always, don't shoot the messenger just passing on what I've been told in good faith.

Sounds very plausible. Club won't be messed around, so unless he signs 2 year deal (2.5 year deal?) Can't see it going ahead

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

As of 7pm last night everything was agreed an in place, medical passed and personal terms agreed, when my source left the Amex it was just a case of press release, photoshoot and the obligatory interviews to be concluded...... But, then I'm lead to believe Grabban was made aware of interest in his services elsewhere by his agent and a decision was made to go away and 'sleep on things' This morning the players agent has been pushing for a longer contract than the initial 2 year deal the BHAFC had put on the table and had been agreed, I'm led to believe 2 other Championship clubs have now expressed an interest both of which have had a fee accepted by Bournemouth and permission to speak with Grabban.

Finally, I must add the last bit of interesting information I was given... Apparently Grabbans agent has sincerely pissed off our chairman with his demand of an extended contract despite initially agreeing a 2 year deal, to the extent where his demands may just have jepodised the entire transfer.

seems pretty feasible and had passed through my mind early this morning when I came on here expecting he might have signed,one thing I like about Tony is that he won't take shite
thanks for that

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I would be VERY SURPRISED if we paid over a million in transfer fees and we only offered him a two year deal. It's more likely a new offer came in from elsewhere

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
why would leicester want him they have just signed kevin phillips and forest need a forward and qpr want every forward going

Between the three of them they must have signed just about every player in the Football League in recent years. Wage bills must be astronomical.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

As of 7pm last night everything was agreed an in place, medical passed and personal terms agreed, when my source left the Amex it was just a case of press release, photoshoot and the obligatory interviews to be concluded...... But, then I'm lead to believe Grabban was made aware of interest in his services elsewhere by his agent and a decision was made to go away and 'sleep on things' This morning the players agent has been pushing for a longer contract than the initial 2 year deal the BHAFC had put on the table and had been agreed, I'm led to believe 2 other Championship clubs have now expressed an interest both of which have had a fee accepted by Bournemouth and permission to speak with Grabban.

This is incredibly detailed information about not only the status of the negotiations but also the emotional state of one of the key participants. Such information, if true, could only come from someone very close to one of the parties. So, either your source is incredibly well connected at the Albion, BMuff or with the player or his agent, or it's just BS.

No abuse of you intended in any way - it's certainly plausible information; I just have absolutely no inside track at all, so it's hard to comment on the content.

Could you post which party your contact is close to? If it's Muff, then future information from him will be not particularly relevant to Albion-related transfers; if it's the player, that might be quite interesting; but if it's the Albion, that could be dynamite (if true!)

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

As of 7pm last night everything was agreed an in place, medical passed and personal terms agreed, when my source left the Amex it was just a case of press release, photoshoot and the obligatory interviews to be concluded...... But, then I'm lead to believe Grabban was made aware of interest in his services elsewhere by his agent and a decision was made to go away and 'sleep on things' This morning the players agent has been pushing for a longer contract than the initial 2 year deal that BHAFC had put on the table and had been agreed, I'm led to believe 2 other Championship clubs have now expressed an interest both of which have had a fee accepted by Bournemouth and permission to speak with Grabban.

Had all day to seal it, should have had a lockdown, phones etc off, with player & agent until it was signed, even if that meant talking into the night...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here