Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Grabban a Brighton Player?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I need to be careful what I say now, as I had egg on my face yesterday
Simple rules, don't state something as a fact, when it's not. (and sorry I'm being an arse, but I'm fed up of people saying things are done when they're not).
As of 7pm last night everything was agreed an in place, medical passed and personal terms agreed, when my source left the Amex it was just a case of press release, photoshoot and the obligatory interviews to be concluded......
So he hadn't signed - but you said it was completed, and it wasn't - that's the problem.

As always, don't shoot the messenger just passing on what I've been told in good faith.
I can't shoot the person that passed info to you, so I shoot you, and you can pass it on.

Anyway, thanks for the info. Sounds really shit.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
To clarify....

2 year deal 'with an option attached'

To be honest I'm not sure what that means, but that's what was agreed initially.

Probably like the one Vicente had, he had a 1 year deal with a 1 year option either party could take.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm hearing from those in the know locally that Grabban has had his head turned by QPR!

For what it's worth I have just heard on the local Hampshire radio station that after lengthy discussions all day Lewis grabban is expected to sign for Brighton tonight.
If not true blame Wave 105

In other words, nobody has got a clue what's going on.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are we seeing the pitfalls of a bid for a player being made public?
Huge increase in wages aside, what I wouldn't understand is why a player would go somewhere that had never been interested in signing them - oh wait, Brighton think you're good? Oh go on then, we'll take a punt, we've got loads of money.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm hearing from those in the know locally that Grabban has had his head turned by QPR!
For what it's worth I have just heard on the local Hampshire radio station that after lengthy discussions all day Lewis grabban is expected to sign for Brighton tonight.
If not true blame Wave 105
Well that's cleared that up.

So brighton terra, how in the know are these people? Obviously you can't tell us who they are, but you can give us an idea of their involvement. For example, have they been a fan for years?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Huge increase in wages aside, what I wouldn't understand is why a player would go somewhere that had never been interested in signing them - oh wait, Brighton think you're good? Oh go on then, we'll take a punt, we've got loads of money.

Agreed, or why he would let his agent cock up the move he wants.

I wish sometimes these players would just tell their Agents to stop fannying about and get the deal done.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Well that's cleared that up.

So brighton terra, how in the know are these people? Obviously you can't tell us who they are, but you can give us an idea of their involvement. For example, have they been a fan for years?

Have read Munchkins post, which to me seems very credible , I'd say its the agent who's had his head turned.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have read Munchkins post, which to me seems very credible , I'd say its the agent who's had his head turned.
So now all that's needed, is for someone to smash said head into a pulp. I can't think of anyone that wouldn't like that. Apart from the agent, and they don't have feelings anyway.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If Grabban or any player has to think twice about signing for us, then 'stuff them'.

If he's agreed terms and is now backing out, withdraw the offer, he's not that good anyway and not worth £1.1m. It really is his loss professionally.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
greed terms and is now backing out, withdraw the offer, he's not that good anyway and not worth £1.1m any way.[/QUOTE].

My reading of this, and I may be wrong, is that Grabban wants to sign but his agent, who he pays to protect his interests, is the one causing problems.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
If Grabban or any player has to think twice about signing for us, then 'stuff them'.

If he's agreed terms and is now backing out, withdraw the offer, he's not that good anyway and not worth £1.1m. It really is his loss professionally.

Does the same apply for players putting in a transfer request wanting to leave us? Bridcutt?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
His agent, Tony Finnegan, is, by all accounts a well dodgy character - even by the the normal standards of agents - so should get on well with 'arry. He is also ex-Palace, albeit a total failure as a footballer.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
All the time they wear the shirt they get my backing. However, yes, effectively the same applies to Bridcut, if we get £3.5m for him let him go.

He's been badly advised in putting in a transfer request and hasn't helped himself in my view.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wikipedia lists Tony Finnegan as ex-Palace who has been in business ventures with Ian Wright, Andy Gray and Stan Collymore. Sounds like Grabban couldn't have got a dodgier agent if he'd tried.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
King maybe a killer, but at least he's not Palace.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Lewis should take his weird beard and go an Grabban his money elsewhere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here