Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is anybody still worried that we will not get automatic promotion?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
My feelings tend to fluctuate from worried to confident on an hourly basis. The logical side of me recognises that Huddersfield will drop at least 4 points on the run in with a couple of draws which will be an excellent return given their run in and means one win for us will be enough. But whether its because I want this so much I soon switch to the horrible, its going to go wrong feeling. On the fence then I guess.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
6 points from 5 games will do it. I have faith in Chris Hughton and the players to finish the job.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Huddersfield are not winning all 6 and we are not losing all 5. I can't believe anyone is still in any kind of state of worry.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We needed to beat at least 1 of QPR or Wolves for it to become more comfortable. Job already done on that score.

And then we got the unexpected boost of Forest beating Huddersfield.

It's done.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Until its official I'll be my usual pessimistic self.
Wolves isn't an easy place to go, Norwich have just spanked 7 past Reading, Villa are on a roll at the moment and Bristol City and Wigan are fighting for their lives. It could all go wrong I tells ya*

*its not all going to go wrong but it could...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Starting to feel reasonably confident, but until it actually happens will continue with frequent holding of breath!

Not mathematically.

Sorry, but you are going to have to be patient - ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY EIGHT hours and counting.

Since when did this become just mathematics? I prefer to let football have a place in my thinking.

If we win the next two games, we will have a Goal Difference of at least 36. If Huddersfield win their next two games by a margin of 6 goals in each match, they will have a Goal Difference of 16 and a need to get another 12 points from their last 4 games AND win each of them by an average margin of MORE THAN 5 goals per game.

Everything I know about football says that this is not going to happen.

Win the next two games and we are CERTAIN to be promoted.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
No, no, you're right. I'm bricking it because of a season from 47 years ago.

My point was that we've blown decent positions before so until it's a certainty supporters who've seen it go pear shaped in the past will be cautious and I'll repeat it, win at Wolves and we're near enough home so even the ultra cautious can relax.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Those dark thoughts will only entertain my mind if we are 2-0 down on Friday after 15 minutes with Dunk and Murray sent off for violent conduct. But all the time we are keeping possesion and Knockhaert is on the ball, all will be well with the world.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Well, however unlikely this may be, if we draw all our remaining games and Hudders win all theirs, they'll pip us by ONE point.

I've got it into my head that this scenario could well happen.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Since when did this become just mathematics? I prefer to let football have a place in my thinking.

If we win the next two games, we will have a Goal Difference of at least 36. If Huddersfield win their next two games by a margin of 6 goals in each match, they will have a Goal Difference of 16 and a need to get another 12 points from their last 4 games AND win each of them by an average margin of MORE THAN 5 goals per game.

Everything I know about football says that this is not going to happen.

Win the next two games and we are CERTAIN to be promoted.

This is the important bit...

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
After our recent string of wins and Wagner BOTTLING it, I'm going into the last 5 games very relaxed which makes a change.

The nervousness could creep back in but it's unlikely at this stage.

I think it will be settled sooner than later, and we can concentrate on the title.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here