Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Andy Naylor mad? (Palace team)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
From watching Chris Hughton a press conference the things I gathered which people have asked in the thread are: jay molumby is injured at the moment. Looks like we will use more of the fringe players he doesn’t intend to use the youngsters
Yes. He also said Goldson will play, and Skalak will be involved.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What's it got to do with the FA? It's a premiere/sky problem gutless clubs and sheep like fans.

Persuading Man Utd to play in the World Club Championship was the start of it, don’t recall many reserve teams until then.

Edit.
I do accept the Sky argument but don’t believe it was the start of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I know Stephens has played every minute and may need a rest but he played 11 games between August and November, yes he has played 4 games in 10 days over Xmas but he has had a weeks rest before tomorrow's game and then another 4 days before the next game.
Nice job if you can get it..

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You can't rest everyone. As for Stephens I don't see him making any lung busting runs forward or wasting any energy shooting, so I'm sure he's got plenty left in the tank for Palace.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Perhaps play Desi Hutchinson in central midfield. He partnered Molumby in the centre of midfield against Bournemouth in the cup earlier this season. Surely giving Stephens a rest is important.

I personally think, Palace or not, Stephens must rest. He's our most valuable asset to staying up.

Agree.

Stephens does need a rest. Desi Hutchinson in midfield. I think as tidy a player as Will Collar is, he may not be up to it at this level.

Hughton says here that u23 players like Hutchinson won't be playing. Sounds like he'll be picking the 18 from the 25.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05sy0nz

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What's it got to do with the FA? It's a premiere/sky problem gutless clubs and sheep like fans.

It's got nothing to do with the FA.

Or "gutless clubs".

Or "sheep like fans".

It all comes down to money, nothing more, nothing less. I would think there is nothing more the FA would rather do than allow the FA Cup winners a path into the Champions League at the expense of the 4th placed team, thus fixing the maligned decreasing value of the competition at a stroke. Alas, I'm not sure UEFA would allow it, and I can imagine the Premier League itself would do everything they could to prevent it too.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here