Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is a 2nd referendum a genuine possibility?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Rumours in Westminster are that Osbourne is trying to mount a leadership bid, but it is more than likely to be a bid to keep a place in the Cabinet when the next leader, whoever that is takes over.
The support of upto 40 MPs is a powerful bargaining chip.

Osborne is politically DEAD

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Give the process time. Everyone is screaming and waving their arms about. I guess me included. We have voted out. No more EU control. Yes there are difficulties. Time will sort it. Time the EU don't want us to have. Why? because it's to their benefit not the UK's or England.

There are relationships which benefit both sides.

The UK and the EU is one such example.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
The loud mouthed Gallic elite seem to be bigging this up.Thankfully Merkel seems to be taking a more cautious approach.She knows which side Germany needs to support.After all it is the German industry that stands to suffer should Junker and his French cronies get their way.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
it's a bizarre interpretation of democracy where you think you have the right to overturn the democratic choice of 17 million people because you've signed a petition!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Give the process time. Everyone is screaming and waving their arms about. I guess me included. We have voted out. No more EU control. Yes there are difficulties. Time will sort it. Time the EU don't want us to have. Why? because it's to their benefit not the UK's or England.

Very true some people seem very impatient. It's taken decades to regain our independence so waiting a few months or even a couple more years is no real hardship.

Merkel to her credit also has reigned in some of the more hysterical EU reactions.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said the European Union has "no need to be particularly nasty in any way" in the negotiations with Britain about its exit from the bloc.

She insisted that deterring other countries from leaving the EU should not be a priority in the talks.

And she added she was not in favour of pushing for a speedy withdrawal

...... she was seeking an "objective, good" climate in the talks with Britain, which "must be conducted properly"..

Another Remain scare story undermined.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

I just wish people would take responsibility for their actions when voting. I interpreted the facts as I saw them and voted Remain. The vote went the other way but I accept it and have no wish for a second Referendum. Obviously, I genuinely want this country to do well. I just don't want people voting, thinking someone else will sort it, if it doesn't go their way.

For example, it's well known that older people were the main people behind Leave. How would they feel if the triple lock was removed from their pensions as a result of their vote? I am not after an argument as I will be drawing my own pension within the next 10 years.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Very true some people seem very impatient. It's taken decades to regain our independence so waiting a few months or even a couple more years is no real hardship.

Merkel to her credit also has reigned in some of the more hysterical EU reactions.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said the European Union has "no need to be particularly nasty in any way" in the negotiations with Britain about its exit from the bloc.

She insisted that deterring other countries from leaving the EU should not be a priority in the talks.

And she added she was not in favour of pushing for a speedy withdrawal

...... she was seeking an "objective, good" climate in the talks with Britain, which "must be conducted properly"..

Another Remain scare story undermined.

But it's not all Remain Scare stories is it? Rivet was replying to my point about Wales and Cornwall wanting ASSURANCES that their funding would not be affected.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Rumours in Westminster are that Osbourne is trying to mount a leadership bid, but it is more than likely to be a bid to keep a place in the Cabinet when the next leader, whoever that is takes over.
The support of upto 40 MPs is a powerful bargaining chip.

the man who couldnt deliver deficit reduction in six years thinks he can deliver a way forward with Europe? has he ever actually seen footage of himself on TV, one of the worst politicans in public eye, and cant even stand by his own convictions. dont think he is even worthy of a junior minister, let alone cabinet post, PM is fantasy.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What if was 23 apiece?

Simple. It gets decided on vote difference. Then, in the event of a tie, it goes to penalties. Each side chooses a town and then they pick anyone of their choice (whom they don't know the vote of) and every confirmed vote for their side scores a goal. If the scores are still level at the end then it's a fight to the death between Farage and Eddie Izzard. If you don't get the result you want then at least it's one less Palace fan.

It's a funny old world. The political commentators who last year were bashing the greedy bankers are now panicking because the said bankers might be leaving in droves.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
the man who couldnt deliver deficit reduction in six years thinks he can deliver a way forward with Europe? has he ever actually seen footage of himself on TV, one of the worst politicans in public eye, and cant even stand by his own convictions. dont think he is even worthy of a junior minister, let alone cabinet post, PM is fantasy.

But politicians live in a parallel universe, they are always saying they should listen to the electorate but rarely if ever do.
He maybe popular in the parliamentary Party, and with the Tories electoral procedure, thats all he needsy

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Am I wrong but I thought that this referendum was only to determine the wishes of the people but it was not obligatory for the government to carry it out, a lttle foolish not to carry it out but an option if they so desired.

Oh gawd almighty. No, it was about whether we should have five first team left backs,,, ,,, ,,, ,,,,

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
He's right though

Perhaps the Queen will step in and do away with the house of commons and rule herself....we are all her subjects after all.. God Bless the Queen

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
% of registered voters who voted by age group.....

The older generations didn't betray the young ones..... THEY BETRAYED THEMSELVES.......

It's like bleating you didn't win the lottery..... after not buying a ticket.

18-24: 36%
25-34: 58%
35-44: 72%
45-54: 75%
55-64: 81%
65+: 83%

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
But it's not all Remain Scare stories is it? Rivet was replying to my point about Wales and Cornwall wanting ASSURANCES that their funding would not be affected.
Why pick them out..... all regions want the same question answered surely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here