Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is a 2nd referendum a genuine possibility?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes I know quite an achievement to have a major split in the parliamentary party when you only have one MP. :D

No I mean't Farage via the media and of course having UKIP continuing will give voters an alternative electoral route to punish any future betrayal by Tory Brexiteers which should concentrate a few minds.

This could be an option for me.....Right now UKIP are just too far Right for me,but who knows,if I feel a need to leave Conservative to get the job done i might switch

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Could someone start a pole asking if a second Referendum was called would you change your vote to .
Out to in
Stay out
In to out
Stay in

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They made specific commitments to convince people to vote Leave. They will shortly be in a position to wield the power.
Yes they did.

But the ballot paper we all voted on was on one issue only - should we leave or remain in the EU.

There was no asterisk explaining that all comments by campaigners were automatically attached to each option. There were no manifestos.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
This could be an option for me.....Right now UKIP are just too far Right for me,but who knows,if I feel a need to leave Conservative to get the job done i might switch

If the new Tory PM and cabinet tries to wriggle away from their specific Brexit commitments especially on free movement then I think there will be a lot of people doing the same.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Yes they did.

But the ballot paper we all voted on was on one issue only - should we leave or remain in the EU.

There was no asterisk explaining that all comments by campaigners were automatically attached to each option. There were no manifestos.

No but the question was clear, NO more control from Europe. Well, we'll see whatever comes but, the MAJORITY said FU to Brussels control, do you accept that or not? Just that principle, no buggering sideways or backwards!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yes they did.

There were lots of general comments and misinformation but their were also specific commitments which Boris/Gove signed up to ... similar to a post Brexit manifesto.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...and-gove-pledge-tough-new-immigration-system/

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No but the question was clear, NO more control from Europe. Well, we'll see whatever comes but, the MAJORITY said FU to Brussels control, do you accept that or not? Just that principle, no buggering sideways or backwards!
I accept it absolutely and unreservedly.

What I do not accept is that the referendum prevents our exit negotiators agreeing to free movement as part of the deal. THAT was not on the ballot paper.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This is tiresome, what is the remainers aim here Lawro? Discredit and disrupt or full on overturning democracy? Come on you remainers, which is it? Are you just agitating or wanting what you haven't achieved. Pathetic

My thoughts are that having achieved his lifes ambition, and his parties, i can't see him having much relevance anymore.
Face it,if Johnson and Gove hadnt jumped onboard, the out campaign was dead in the water,i think more people dislike Farage, than like him, possibly in his own party as well as the general public. Im not agitating or trying to overturn democracy, just being realistic, I think this isnt over yet, not cos of the outers , who deserve nothing for the woeful campaign they ran, but the Tory big beasts, the inners who have won, and, now frankly , look at a loss of what to do.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I accept it absolutely and unreservedly.

What I do not accept is that the referendum prevents our exit negotiators agreeing to free movement as part of the deal. THAT was not on the ballot paper.

Free movement? NO, controlled to our benefit movement YES!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The question we voted on was should we leave or should we stay in the EU.

I accept that. We are going.

I see nothing on the ballot paper restricting what deal our exit negotiators can agree to.

The negotiators will be given parameters by the new PM who will most likely be a Brexiteer. Theoretically a new administration might be stupid enough to go back on commitments made during the referendum but I doubt they would want to commit political suicide shortly after finally gaining power.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
If there is a second referendum and remain wins, I shudder to think what happens next.

There will be rioting on streets for sure.

For that reason alone I hope there isn't a second vote.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If there is a second referendum and remain wins, I shudder to think what happens next.

There will be rioting on streets for sure.

For that reason alone I hope there isn't a second vote.

Very true but it won't happen, which is a relief as the last time I indulged in direct action I was sitting in the middle of pitch at the Goldstone

:whistle:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have had the referendum. I personally believe we shouldn't have another. The people have spoken, It would just be sour grapes to keep having referendums ad nauseam. I have also just been watching the News. Wales and Cornwall both benefited financially from the EU and both voted to leave. Now they want assurances that they will still get the same benefits from Westminster.. Er.. Get Stuffed Wales and Cornwall. Take back control...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Rumours in Westminster are that Osbourne is trying to mount a leadership bid, but it is more than likely to be a bid to keep a place in the Cabinet when the next leader, whoever that is takes over.
The support of upto 40 MPs is a powerful bargaining chip.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
We have had the referendum. I personally believe we shouldn't have another. The people have spoken, It would just be sour grapes to keep having referendums ad nauseam. I have also just been watching the News. Wales and Cornwall both benefited financially from the EU and both voted to leave. Now they want assurances that they will still get the same benefits from Westminster.. Er.. Get Stuffed Wales and Cornwall. Take back control...

Give the process time. Everyone is screaming and waving their arms about. I guess me included. We have voted out. No more EU control. Yes there are difficulties. Time will sort it. Time the EU don't want us to have. Why? because it's to their benefit not the UK's or England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here