Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Fans With Banners...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Just take it as an insult to the Amex, but then they can talk - Portman Road is the shittest stadium in the league ive been to - even Peterborough and its wooden seats is better.

Hang on Or Selhurst OR Fratton.

No way near.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Got a nice "boo" from the AMEX crowd when the away attendance was read out near the end :amex:

Yep... Sounded great too. I think we should boo the away attendance every week from now on. None of this clapping bollocks.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Added a little bit of needle to the atmosphere and a little bit extra to an already excellent win.

So thanks, Ipswich retards!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I think the banners were trying to say...You can spend money and build a stadium (Amex) but you cannot buy a team to play football...or words to that effect...glad the team gave them the right and just answer!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The only reason people didn't get it is because it didn't say 'American Express Community Stadium just 'The AMEX'

And for what it's worth i agree with them, stadiums shouldn't be named after PLC's

I quite agree.

Lets put season tickets up by £200 next season and tell Amex to do one.

You obviously don't understand economics. :facepalm:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Bitter, no class, inbred, no-mark, tinpot, 6-fingered, embarrassing bunch of total wankers. :tosser:

ssbhafc22

Sep 22, 2011
I have to say i was shocked by the banner that ipswich fans held up before the game, it just seemed to be a complete random attack on us for no reason what so ever. I'm not one for hatred but i hope ipswich have a really bad run til the end of the season now, they were poor today on the pitch, the fans were poor off it and i saw more teams in league one last season who deserved a place in the championship (huddersfield) than ipswich do!!!

zoogull

zoogull
May 29, 2008
Herstmonceux
The banner really spiced up the atmosphere and got the fans singing: and wasn't it good when we got the second goal? (Where's your banner gone?)

I don't think it was a case of being precious, but as Albion fans we have put up with a lot of shit, so if we sometimes get a little touchy about other fans having a go at us about our new stadium, that is possibly understandable.

Personally I love it when things like this come back to bite the people who try to make a point without understanding the full facts. Amex are a corporate giant, but they are also a major employer in the town and responsible for supporting the local economy.

I would take issue with 'Working Class Pride' however. We did not spoil their promotion party: I went to the game with a friend from university who lived in Felixstowe. Not only did the defeat confirm our relegation I had to suffer going with him to the promotion parade the next morning, then have him singing about it all the way back to campus. I didn't hear many of the tractor boys moaning about our fancy dress antics, they were too busy celebrating.

The second banner had some reference to a web address, something like tppppft.com or similar to that, not one person could figure out what any of the banners meant. A steward simply ripped the last banner out of their hands and dumped it in the corner. I'm baffled but whatever the message meant it was lost on everyone and was taken as an insult.

That actual web address in google gives some results about corporate greed so maybe it was some crusty students protesting about Amex?!?

You might be right, some protest against the naming of the stadium, what a load of nonsense, hope they enjoyed their long journey home back to their dull swamp like home, re-living
the three goals.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Anger over now,we gave them the best response. Utterly stuffed them, not sure what game Paul Jewell was watching.

deenomeet

ballbags
Apr 2, 2011
I have to say i was shocked by the banner that ipswich fans held up before the game, it just seemed to be a complete random attack on us for no reason what so ever. I'm not one for hatred but i hope ipswich have a really bad run til the end of the season now, they were poor today on the pitch, the fans were poor off it and i saw more teams in league one last season who deserved a place in the championship (huddersfield) than ipswich do!!!
do you actually watch and understand football?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here