Ipswich Fans With Banners...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The second banner had some reference to a web address, something like tppppft.com or similar to that, not one person could figure out what any of the banners meant. A steward simply ripped the last banner out of their hands and dumped it in the corner. I'm baffled but whatever the message meant it was lost on everyone and was taken as an insult.

That actual web address in google gives some results about corporate greed so maybe it was some crusty students protesting about Amex?!?

I thought it was eppp.com

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just mentioned on Radio 5 live, probably a bit early for Ipswich "fans" - but wonder if any are brave enough to ring in.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Shame about the banner. In the past when we were at our lowest I always considered Ipswich Town, as a club, to be a template for those out of the top dozen to match.
Am sure the club is still the friendly, family club they always were. Just a few morons embarrassing them. All clubs have them.

There was a fair few of them holding it!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I would have thought better of Ipswich fans tbh - what a bunch of ignorant morons. They obviously know nothing about the history of our club or how we have helped other clubs in trouble.

Interesting that their forum posts defending the banner are interspersed with the usual homophobic nonsense. What a bunch of neanderthal cretins.

If I were an Ipswich fan, I'd be seriously embarrassed.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Unless it was in fact a benevolent gesture, nodding to the Goldstone being sold out from under us, and actually alluding to the Amex as proof of the pudding that football per se is bigger than Archeresque asset stripping ???

This-try looking at [MENTION=233]tedebear[/MENTION] avatar for example,i have always assumed it was a teddy bear with it's head sticking from a washing machine

so this is my thought too-well at best the reasoned answer as for anything else it makes no sense...

perhaps they were being genuine and nice

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
They are sitting cosy as they have an impressive trophy cabinet.

They are picking on the wrong team. We had no assets to build a new ground. We didn't even have a pot to piss in to flog and put towards a new ground. I know Tony Bloom would not respond to the protest, but it would be interesting to see what they would say to his potential response. The man has paid £100m to get our club up and running.

If these guys were to lumber themselves with a hefty mortgage/outlay, with nothing in return, do you think that they would turn down free money for the sake of a name?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
When i saw it and didn't get what they were trying to say about us i suddenly wished i'd drunk a pint instead of the warm tea i then had in my hand in order to feel more angry and lairy than i did. I was a bit wound up and wanted us to smash them, which in the end we did. What a set of nobbers.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
When i saw it and didn't get what they were trying to say about us i suddenly wished i'd drunk a pint instead of the warm tea i then had in my hand in order to feel more angry and lairy than i did. I was a bit wound up and wanted us to smash them, which in the end we did. What a set of nobbers.

Great fanzine material though I'd imagine. :lol:

As soon as those banners went up today I rubbed my hands in glee and thought "three points thank you". It wound us all up in the WSU South a treat .

These things nearly always rebound on you - look at Palace putting all that effort into a banner saying "Hark now hear the Palace sing" at Selhurst and then remaining silent throughout the 90 minutes.

:amex:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Are you sure? I thought it went as small part repayment of TB's directors loan account ie. a little back towards the best part of £100m loaned to our club.

Basically AMEX have guaranteed the funding of AITC with their sponsorship, the football side doesn't see a penny of it. Makes the Ipswich banner look even more ridiculous. I am so glad we beat them today.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ha ha they helped make it happen today, got every stand worked up into a right fervour by the time the game kicked off. We should be thanking then for an inspired Amex team talk - atmosphere was amazing today!!

If ever you wanted to travel that far, get 0pts & -3 on ur GD, & spend your hard earned cash on a friggin banner you complete muppets!!!

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Anyway I would just like to give a big thank you all you boys from Ipswich for making such a big effort with your home made banner about the Amex. It must have taken such a long time with your crayons and felt tipped pens to colour it all in it.Probably that's why you rolled it up so carefully when we all started shouting abuse at you. Ah bless!
Shame nobody understood what you meant but all your time and effort did not go unwasted as you motivated our crowd to get behind the team and push them on to an impressive victory. Thanks.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Who's money paid for the Pioneer stand at Portman road?

Some things money can't buy
Pioneer Stand isn't one:so we will have to fund it ourselves as we don't believe in sponsorship

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports