iPod Help please !!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
actually hang about ... ive got a firewire cble that is currently charging my ipod ... does that go straight into the computer which means i dont need to use the firewire adapter ?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Referee87 said:
can i use any usb cable cause i havent got one !

If you haven't got Firewire, you have to use USB. The Windows iPod's come with a USB lead, the Macintosh iPods... don't. You probably bought the wrong one.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Referee87 said:
actually hang about ... ive got a firewire cble that is currently charging my ipod ... does that go straight into the computer which means i dont need to use the firewire adapter ?

Yes. :thud:

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
Referee87 said:

LMAO - thats the data cable too :lolol: :lolol:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Put all the parts back in the box. Bring it back to the shop. Get a refund. Buy an iRiver. Come back to us so we can help you install it.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Referee87 said:
no .. its charging via the mains ... oh god this is so complicated !!

It's the same lead. Unplug it from the charger/adaptor and plug that into your PC.

The iPod should be able to charge via your PC anyway...

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Wozza said:
It's the same lead. Unplug it from the charger/adaptor and plug that into your PC.

The iPod should be able to charge via your PC anyway...

It can charge by Firewire anyway, not sure about USB2.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Referee87 said:
ok cool ... so once its chardged fully i just take it out of the mains and put it in to the computer. got that sorted.

You should be able to take it out of the charger now. the G3 iPod doesn't use Apple's crappy battery, it uses normal li-ion's.

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
ok myob or anyone with an ipod..... ive got the ipod dock connector to firewire cable does that go into the computer ? if so how and where !! and also myob, ive downloaded itunes how do i get my music on widows media player on to itunes ?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
That cable.... sigh.... that cable goes into a FIREWIRE port on your computer. As its a Compaq, you almost certainly don't have a Firewire port...

To get the WMA audio into iTunes, find it in Windows Explorer, select it all, right click, Open With -> iTunes. That'll bring it into its library, and from yhere you can convert it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports