Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPod Help please !!

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Got my iPod delivered this morning and I cant seem to get the songs I have stored on Windows Media Player on to the Jukebox program. Do I have to load all my Cd's again onto jukebox and if I do How ? It wont let me. Or am I just being dumb ? Is there someone on here who knows how to do it that could help me ?

Cheers referee87

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
Open iTunes, the jukebox, and insert a CD to the CD drive, it should then prompt you to import them to library or similar, just do that and you're sorted.

Alternatively if the music files are saved on your computer, open iTunes, click file > add file/ folder to library.

Then locate the file and click open.

You should find the selected file(s) in the library.

Hope this is of use to you

if you are still stuck, PM and i'll try to help you. :)

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If you imported them into Windows Media Player they're in the Windows Media Format. Which the iPod, being an Apple propritary heap of crap, doesn't support despite publically available specs and repeated attempts by Microsoft to get them to do so

However, iTunes will be able to convert them to MP3 for you. On Windows only, not on the Mac.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
you cant import into the library other sources, you need to import from the cd. This is so you cant use music that doesn't belong to you.

Wrong. You can import any MP3, 'free' (non-protected) AAC and WAV files from anywhere. Its just that his files are in WMA, which iTunes does not like one bit

Ensure you've got the latest release (4.7.1) as its the one that supports converting WMA.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Kaney said:
Open iTunes, the jukebox, and insert a CD to the CD drive, it should then prompt you to import them to library or similar, just do that and you're sorted.

Alternatively if the music files are saved on your computer, open iTunes, click file > add file/ folder to library.

Then locate the file and click open.

You should find the selected file(s) in the library.

Hope this is of use to you

if you are still stuck, PM and i'll try to help you. :)

You can do this, but you wont be able to download them to your ipod, but you could play then in itunes.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
You can do this, but you wont be able to download them to your ipod, but you could play then in itunes.

Err, if you can play the file in iTunes and its NOT got DRM on it, you can play it on the iPod

Much as I hate both the software and the hardware, iTunes is the basic music player on OSX, and I have synced my fridgebook with someones iPod before to nick some of their music.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Moral: stick to MP3s (not variants of) to ensure compatibility with ANY digital music player.

Edit: Oh, and turn off all the Auto (and Sync) options in iTunes or it will rename your files. Which is well gay.

Last edited:

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
So, I've got 45 albums worth of music on Windows Media Player ... How can I get that into Jukebox so that I am able to download it onto my iPod ?

Thanks for your help so far .... im quite slow go slow sloooooowww :jester:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Referee87 said:
So, I've got 45 albums worth of music on Windows Media Player ... How can I get that into Jukebox so that I am able to download it onto my iPod ?

Jukebox? As in MusicMatch Jukebox?

How OLD is this iPod?

Get the latest iTunes from apple.com, install it, point it at where your WMA audio is, use it to convert it to MP3, and then you can put it on the iPod.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Referee87 said:

Have you got xp or normal windows?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Au contraire, if you burn the songs onto a cd from i-tunes it works fine.

Burning them onto CD != putting them on a different media player...

When you burn them to CD, they're reconverted back into CD Digital Audio, obviously.

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
file converters? i-tune? Importing?

now if you got a decent jukebox instead of a hyped up, albeit good looking, ipod you might just be able to drag and drop straight to the machine using a nice little USB lead instead of a specially built expensive apple lead....:cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here