Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus / Apple Watch

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was on the cusp of buying the 6+, indeed had I not been annoyingly talked at by another patron at a US airport, after having had a couple of drinks I would have done, but I'm starting to bet a bit less convinced now, initial reviews have been a bit mixed and then bendgate. Now the iOS 8 update has been withdrawn.......

Bendgate is a slight concern as I carry my phone in my jeans pocket.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
The Spigen case for my 6+ has arrived - a wallet type with slots for a couple of cards and notes. Very good quality for £18. Still waiting for the phone which is due 10-17/10. Pleased with the case and it obviously shows the size the phone will be which, while big, is not too big for me. Case will also alleviate any bend concerns as it is pretty sturdy.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Had my 6 for a week now. I've had all the iPhones and this is easily the best yet. Looks gorgeous, feels great, screen is wonderful, predictive text excellent, battery life best yet. It's so good that my iPad has been neglected even when watching live football or reading my book on kindle. Not had any bendy problems or any IOS 8 glitches. Very pleased. Coupled with Spotify Premium and bluetooth headphones I have all I need to thoroughly enjoy my 70 minute commute (see other thread).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Struth. They release iOS 8.0, which seems to have caused no end of unexpected problems for many of their customers.

So to fix 8.0 they release 8.0.1 - which then causes loss of signal and data services, so they quickly withdraw 8.0.1 and issue a 6-step routine via iTunes for affected users to follow, just to undo the 8.0.1 update. And a statement:

"We apologise for the great inconvenience experienced by users, and are working around the clock to prepare iOS 8.0.2 with a fix for the issue"

Blimey. Good luck with 8.0.2 then. You'd think they'd actually TEST these updates properly before inflicting them on their paying customers. I'd be going SPACKO if my shiny new mobile got turned into a brick by Apple within a couple of days of having it, leaving me having to faff about with the complete NIGHTMARE that is iTunes just to try and fix it. Not to mention imposing U2 malware onto my phone into the bargain.

There's some truly tremendous readers comments doing the rounds off the back of this.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Just to throw my 2 bob in, I've had my 6 since Tuesday and I can't stop touching it and looking at it. Beautiful. Also, I've actually had zero problems with iOS 8, but it did balls up my iPad a bit. It is an iPad 2 though so maybe it's understandable.

Went for 128gb as it was only about a fiver more a month (no brainer) so now have my entire music collection on my phone, and still have absolutely SPAFF loads of space left for the next two years' worth of photos and videos. Oh and 4G is a God send. Believe the hype. I was sceptical about it, especially as I'd heard you could only get it in Brighton and around 10 other places in the UK. But here it is in Goring (here and there) and it's bloody brilliant.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just to throw my 2 bob in, I've had my 6 since Tuesday and I can't stop touching it and looking at it. Beautiful. Also, I've actually had zero problems with iOS 8, but it did balls up my iPad a bit. It is an iPad 2 though so maybe it's understandable.

Went for 128gb as it was only about a fiver more a month (no brainer) so now have my entire music collection on my phone, and still have absolutely SPAFF loads of space left for the next two years' worth of photos and videos. Oh and 4G is a God send. Believe the hype. I was sceptical about it, especially as I'd heard you could only get it in Brighton and around 10 other places in the UK. But here it is in Goring (here and there) and it's bloody brilliant.

£60 a year extra on your phone bill is a no brainer - lucky you.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I was on the cusp of buying the 6+, indeed had I not been annoyingly talked at by another patron at a US airport, after having had a couple of drinks I would have done, but I'm starting to bet a bit less convinced now, initial reviews have been a bit mixed and then bendgate. Now the iOS 8 update has been withdrawn.......

And despite these 2 Royal cock ups the fan boys will still touch themselves into a frenzy about how good Apple is :lol: can you imagine if Samsung had released a phone that bends in your pocket or Android released an update that completely bollocksed your phone :eek:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And despite these 2 Royal cock ups the fan boys will still touch themselves into a frenzy about how good Apple is :lol: can you imagine if Samsung had released a phone that bends in your pocket or Android released an update that completely bollocksed your phone :eek:

They still do, just not as many people talk about Samsung or Android, especially those that don't own them. :thumbsup:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
In line with previous comments, my Xperia Z2 has not had any software updates to contend with, still works like a dream, takes great pics, plays flacs etc etc and has not bent in any way.
Can't stop, just off to start the queue up for the Z3.
Having had both, I can safely say that all things constant, I will not be going backwards.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've finally installed a 3rd party keyboard - SwiftKey.

I'd had a play with it during my brief flirtation with Android and I can type (swipe) a lot quicker and more accurately than conventional typing.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Been to Southport airshow last weekend and I used the wifes new Iphone 6 camera to test it. The camera/Video is good and pixelation is better, feels good in hand but no other change to it as a handset in my opinion.

It certainly won't be swaying me back from Android when my upgrade is due with the lack of Innovative changes it has. Heard people say its the best smartphone yet which is beyond me....Bring on the Galaxy S6

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Further to my last post, I have to be fair, the battery has improved considerably. My missus was listening to music from 7am in car, camera and video used throughout the day at a big airshow and got home at approx 8pm, it still was going with 1 bar remaining.

That I have to say is pretty good! :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They still do, just not as many people talk about Samsung or Android, especially those that don't own them. :thumbsup:

So far I've not had any issues from software updates on my HTC's. I bought a HTC One M8 in the summer (stupid name, lovely bit of kit) that had a software update pending within a week of me getting it out of the box. I must admit after seeing the complete dogs dinner iOS7 made of so many peoples devices, I was letting out a bit of wee when I took the plunge to update my brand new HTC. Updates scare me. I needn't have worried though, it worked like a charm, not a single glitch.

Apple though - when it comes to updates, their motto seems to be: "If it ain't broke - lets break it".

I'd had a play with it during my brief flirtation with Android and I can type (swipe) a lot quicker and more accurately than conventional typing.

I love and adore Swype, its so intuitive. My text messages are like war and peace now, its just ruddy good FUN.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Agreed. And why is it that apple fanboys post statuses on Facebook about a new phone or software update? I have never seen the android equivalent appear even though there are many android phones which are as good. It's weird that so many people seem to get validation from it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Is Swype available? I always found that more reliable and accurate than Swiftkey.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agreed. And why is it that apple fanboys post statuses on Facebook about a new phone or software update? I have never seen the android equivalent appear even though there are many android phones which are as good. It's weird that so many people seem to get validation from it.

I think we all know why most Android people don't post about new versions of Android. Most of them are unable to access new versions of Android.

After 1 year

Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 16.46.07.png

After 1 week or something

Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 16.47.32.png

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So far I've not had any issues from software updates on my HTC's. I bought a HTC One M8 in the summer (stupid name, lovely bit of kit) that had a software update pending within a week of me getting it out of the box.

I haven't had any problems with iOS7 or iOS8 either - not a single glitch. The more people using something though, the more chance that a few will have problems. Every Android release has had it's issues, just doesn't make the news. Not sure if this is because of the Apple obsessives, or the Apple obsessive obsessives!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I can honestly say I do not know which version I have at present. If I have updates to install, then install them I do. I don't lose too much sleep in anticipation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here