Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 5

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Right. This GiffGaff, I first have to get them to send me a SIM card. I presume this will fit the new iphone5?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Right. This GiffGaff, I first have to get them to send me a SIM card. I presume this will fit the new iphone5?

No. GiffGaff only send out full-size SIM cards, iPhones take Micro SIMs. You can either buy a little tool to cut to size/shape or use scissors like I did.

(There has been some talk of an even smaller SIM for the iPhone 5, but I really can't see that personally.)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
It's on Giffgaff/O2/Tesco so whoever buys the phone will have to pay £15 to get it properly unlocked or you can unlock with jailbreak.
I'd take a quick £180 for it, good condition & boxed etc. It will be on eBay & Gumtree either way so let me know if your interested by pm.

-—---------

P.s to those asking about Giffgaff micro sims. It's very easy to cut it into shape with scissors, use the iPhone sim tray as a template to cut it to size.
Vvv easy!

And Smith Did Score

May 9, 2010
Glasgow
Mmm... Just read up a little more on Giff Gaf and it's ability to tether to an iPad. It seems that you cant tether an iPhone according to their website even with their gigabag plan and their forum confirms this. So unless you want jailbreak the phone you'll be without this feature. Shame as it looked quite attractive. That being the case I'll be sticking with a paid up 3 plan, as without it I wouldn't be able to write this message!!!
Never really been into jail breaking the phone or iPad as it seems like a hassle every time there is a new iOS released.
Anyone else managed to tether iPhone to iPad or am I correct in what I've read?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Mmm... Just read up a little more on Giff Gaf and it's ability to tether to an iPad. It seems that you cant tether an iPhone according to their website even with their gigabag plan and their forum confirms this. So unless you want jailbreak the phone you'll be without this feature. Shame as it looked quite attractive. That being the case I'll be sticking with a paid up 3 plan, as without it I wouldn't be able to write this message!!!
Never really been into jail breaking the phone or iPad as it seems like a hassle every time there is a new iOS released.

I've not researched it in depth, but I believe those are the rules, yes.

I'm not sure I understand why, though. There's nothing I'd do on my iPad that I won't do on my iPhone. My data usage would be identical on both.

NiB

Feb 28, 2012
Yeah Giffgaff now do micro-sims as standard, you can make the normal sim into a micro-sim by just popping it out or something

And Smith Did Score

May 9, 2010
Glasgow
I've not researched it in depth, but I believe those are the rules, yes.

I'm not sure I understand why, though. There's nothing I'd do on my iPad that I won't do on my iPhone. My data usage would be identical on both.
Yeah it does seem daft as they can both eat up the data with apps such as Sky Go. Thanks for confirming

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Anyone here use the Three Network in rural areas? Signal reviews?

Three is just about the only me that works in West Chiltington, Orange for a single bar, forget O2 and Vodafone round here

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It's on Giffgaff/O2/Tesco so whoever buys the phone will have to pay £15 to get it properly unlocked or you can unlock with jailbreak.
I'd take a quick £180 for it, good condition & boxed etc. It will be on eBay & Gumtree either way so let me know if your interested by pm.

-—---------

P.s to those asking about Giffgaff micro sims. It's very easy to cut it into shape with scissors, use the iPhone sim tray as a template to cut it to size.
Vvv easy!

Ok Thanks, would rather buy an unlocked one rather than have the hassle of getting it done as Brighton is a pain to park anywhere to get it done and don't fancy sending it away for it.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Three is just about the only me that works in West Chiltington, Orange for a single bar, forget O2 and Vodafone round here

I get a really strong signal I Hickstead on 3, whereas O2 is rubbish here.
Generally, I find 3 really good all over Sussex.

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011

It's because apple don't see the giffgaff network as a proper network even though it's run on O2 So don't support it on the network
So you can't even enable it in settings on the phone

Last edited:

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
I've just taken delivery of a iPhone 4S after always using a Blackberry. Should I have waited a few weeks for the new one to come out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here