Interview with Palace fan Kevin Day and his thoughts on The Albion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
Eagle eyed view of you...
Most of the Premier 'fans' don't actually go to games at any club for a start. It's just something about QPR, maybe they have a problem with being in the shadow of Chelsea and Fulham not to mention most other London teams but I just can't stand anything about them.

They're a joke club. Proven by their current attempts to actually become Crystal Palace in all but name and location. They'll be singing Glad All Over next. Actually believing they're rivals with the Premiership champions is another example of how big a joke they are.

Feb 14, 2010
They're a joke club. Proven by their current attempts to actually become Crystal Palace in all but name and location. They'll be singing Glad All Over next. Actually believing they're rivals with the Premiership champions is another example of how big a joke they are.

dont mak me laugh. QPR are a proper london club not a small town povincial suburb like croydon that is not even london. QPR have also had a successful past and they have a history and BHA always get a reception when down Shepherds Bush. Like Albion I think they can claim to be Englands champions at some point in their history. Palace on the other hand are and always will be a nothing no mark club that want to be london but really, Croydon is south london's answers to watford. I am ashamed to have palace as rivals. Yeah they are but palace? really, dancing around to some poxy shit pop song hen they score. Just a joke

Feb 14, 2010
Im talking about the FA Cup match at Stamford Bridge, and there wasnt a lot of battering going on, because the Palarse fans couldnt be caught. I know Palarse fans may find that embarrassing, and ive often seen them try to deny it, but its not like there were no effing witnesses.

I also remember one year when Brighton fans for weeks before a match at Selhurst were told. Palace end. No scarves.
When Brighton came on the pitch. The large number of Brighton fans in the Palace end started cheering and the Palace fans ran away onto the pitch and the game was held up for quite a while. Only a full Selhurst amount of witnesses for that as well.

Nowadays, I think absence of meetings has diluted the hatred. I chat to Palarse fans in a more lighthearted way about the rivalry nowadays as most do.

yep but try and find a palace fan that has the honesty agree. IMO pompey were more interesting than palace,.. dyo remember th yar when we were crushd t Fratton Park and the carnage outside all the way to the station with cars ending up on their roofs? But somehow palace are still the rivals and yes they are but fck they are dull. I remember getting collared by a palace fan at a wedding in bromley. Such a train spotter.

Feb 14, 2010
Im talking about the FA Cup match at Stamford Bridge, and there wasnt a lot of battering going on, because the Palarse fans couldnt be caught. I know Palarse fans may find that embarrassing, and ive often seen them try to deny it, but its not like there were no effing witnesses.

I also remember one year when Brighton fans for weeks before a match at Selhurst were told. Palace end. No scarves.
When Brighton came on the pitch. The large number of Brighton fans in the Palace end started cheering and the Palace fans ran away onto the pitch and the game was held up for quite a while. Only a full Selhurst amount of witnesses for that as well.

Nowadays, I think absence of meetings has diluted the hatred. I chat to Palarse fans in a more lighthearted way about the rivalry nowadays as most do.

yep but try and find a palace fan that has the honesty agree. IMO pompey were more interesting than palace,.. dyou remember the year when we were crushed at Fratton Park and the carnage outside all the way to the station with cars ending up on their roofs? But somehow palace are still the rivals and yes they are but fck they are dull. I remember getting collared by a palace fan at a wedding in bromley. Such a train spotter.

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
Eagle eyed view of you...
dont mak me laugh. QPR are a proper london club not a small town povincial suburb like croydon that is not even london. QPR have also had a successful past and they have a history and BHA always get a reception when down Shepherds Bush. Like Albion I think they can claim to be Englands champions at some point in their history. Palace on the other hand are and always will be a nothing no mark club that want to be london but really, Croydon is south london's answers to watford. I am ashamed to have palace as rivals. Yeah they are but palace? really, dancing around to some poxy shit pop song hen they score. Just a joke

So apparently being a London club, and "being England's champions" (whatever that means - they haven't won the top tier of the English league ever, so you think wrongly... and both teams are probably about equal in their success through history, so that's that claim gone) makes them a credible club? Wonderful logic.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Erm, I'd definitely rate QPR above Albion in terms of history and success. By a country mile in fact. Please don't embarrass yourselves seagulls fans. Palace on the other hand......

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Perhaps you want to ask some of your chums what happened outside Brighton station after the midweek friendly match at the Goldstone ground.
And perhaps you want to ask somebody older what happened i8n the last league match at the Goldstone.Stop being so pathetic.It always looks better from the side you are on .especially standing at the back like I have no doubt you were.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yeah, on a one to one conversation level, I hate fans of many clubs more than Brighton. Whenever I come across a Brighton fan, it usually ends up with a fairly lighthearted chat with a lot of winding up, a realistic conversation about the two teams' prospects and then a bit more winding up, but rarely actually spiteful. Moan Utd fans however... Especially the non Manchester ones (99%), you just come out of it thinking the guy's an utter bellend and can't have even the simplest conversation about football with them.

I take the Palace Brighton rivalry ridiculously seriously, but the place for it's on the pitch, in the stands and on train station platforms. Not generally being a cock to every other fan you meet.

:thumbsup: spot. f***ing. on

(although I also hate QPR for alot of the reasons said)

Doris?

I know I'm getting a bit senile but I think this idea that the Palace and Brighton rivalry stems from the 1976 cup tie is a myth. I remember travelling up to London for those games and there was a definite edge, It is a relatively new phenomenon but I do think it was slightly before those games.

played them 1st game 74/75 season got a bit naughty 26,000 mellor scored 1-0 brighton,i think it kick off in 73 for a friendly game75/76 not to clever up there butlin git the winner 1-0! Home game 33,000 sammy morgan scored both for the albion,palace in the south stand chucked smoke bombs onto the pitch,the north stand erupted with the "you goona get your f**king heads kick in!!!! this was getting sung by all across the back of the north stand for what seem like 15 minutes,when it finished all was quiet down the south stand and afterwards it went mental!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports