1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Draw me brakes...

This is one of my all time favourite tunes from the moment I heard Jah Observer sound system drop it at Notting Hill one time....

Their Pick Up The Pieces album is a classic!

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Do you ever listen to Craig Charles on 6 Music in the afternoons? He has a little listeners 'jar of ska' section one day a week. Some purists complain when Reggae tunes are picked.

I'm saying nothing about Ska, Rocksteady and Reggae on this Reggae thread :wink: I'll just got with this instead :D

Slide mellow 😎mellow vibe😎.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
This is one of my all time favourite tunes from the moment I heard Jah Observer sound system drop it at Notting Hill one time....

Their Pick Up The Pieces album is a classic!

There's something wonderful about Roy Cousins voice - always on the edge of "outoftuneness" ..
Pick up the Pieces ( studio 1 cut) is one of my all time top ten records

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Another of my all time favourites!

How many am I allowed? :giggle:
Glorious innit?!.
I have Alton/Augustus on a 12" and re-aquired the Cornelius Brothers from that batch of records passed on recently after the original disappeared long ago..

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Lucky Dube was huge in Nigeria!
I expect Alpha Blondy was huge in Francophone West Africa too?

Talking of SA. I came across this recently. Love their selection and the vibes, especially the way they give Steepers their own unique dance twist.

I'm going to have to set some time aside for this !.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Going back to those glorious Algoriddim mixes that @Jack Straw and @BrianB put up. This is the only link I can find to his page now:

I first got put onto him by Mark Lamarr, when he briefly had a radio show on Radio 2.

Luckily, as a result of this, I have lots of his full Algoriddim shows downloaded, where he usually concentrates on one artist or producer and then goes off onto cut after cut of classic tunes/riddims. They are all brilliantly done!

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Going back to those glorious Algoriddim mixes that @Jack Straw and @BrianB put up. This is the only link I can find to his page now:

I first got put onto him by Mark Lamarr, when he briefly had a radio show on Radio 2.

Luckily, as a result of this, I have lots of his full Algoriddim shows downloaded, where he usually concentrates on one artist or producer and then goes off onto cut after cut of classic tunes/riddims. They are all brilliantly done!
I've only seen his stuff on YT , some fine mixes 😎.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've only seen his stuff on YT , some fine mixes 😎.
Here's a few examples that I rotate onto my Cowon DAP for late night listening. Most shows are 2 or 3 hours long :thumbsup:
IMG_20230701_235402.jpg

IMG_20230701_235446.jpg

IMG_20230701_235516.jpg

Some nice artwork too, which spins like a piece of vinyl on this particular DAP 😎

IMG_20230701_235708.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Last from me tonight , I can't resist it ...

Thanks for tonight, it's been an absolute joy!

I'll also sign off with a Studio One, and go back to where I started... With a Johnny Osbourne tune.

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
Great thread. My favourites might not fall into the category of typical reggae (maybe dub or ska or something else?) but I think they can go into this thread.

A bit late now but it's been bugging me - a better version of this here for those who've never heard it:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here