Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] International Reggae Day.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
For the ultimate sound class tune, it's worth remembering that it was Sugar Minot that introduced the world to the great Tenor Saw. He came up with these lyrics on the spot whilst representing Sugar's Youthman Promotions sound in a four way clash. Needless to say... It won the clash there and then!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I was there :thumbsup:

Also remember seeing this gentleman at the Suite around the same time. You couldn't see 15 yards across the room :wink:

What a voice Dennis Brown had!

This clip gives me goosebumps everytime! It's from the channel 4 documentary series - Deep Roots Music. That's Mikey Dread doing the narration. I think I wore the VHS tape out playing this series back so many times :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Is there a better version of Blue Moon than this?

Well if Chelski can run out to the Liquidator, I see no reason why Citeh shouldn't adopt this one :D

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Going back to Dennis Brown for a bit. This has to be my all time favourite Wailers cover.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Love Sylford Walker!

This concert is worth a watch. Keeps me smiling throughout. His voice has matured a treat! Stay tuned for a nice surprise in their too.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Took me a long time years ago to finally find a tune that I heard Ranking Miss P play. I missed the artist name at the time, but found it a few years later.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

I'll stop there before I get carried away

Tony Williams used to rinse this tune on his Radio London Hi tec Friday night show. It was very big at the time!

P.S. Don't stop! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here