1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And talking of Glen Brown....

Superb album this 👌🏾

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
The most modern recording in my collection , available on 45 if searched for hard enough ..
Tried it as a finish tune at a party recently --- after a slow start it def works !😎😎.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think this somehow made our UK top 100, possibly even top 40, but don't recall ever seeing him on ToTP.

THE biggest thing in Jamaican dancehall in his prime. Such an inspirational life story too, even to this day.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
To demonstrate that endless versioning doesn't always work, this is possibly one of the worst versions of Skylarking I've heard.

And yet Garnett Silk was undoubtedly yet another one of the greats that was taken from us at such a tragically young age.

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
To demonstrate that endless versioning doesn't always work, this is possibly one of the worst versions of Skylarking I've heard.

And yet Garnett Silk was undoubtedly yet another one of the greats that was taken from us at such a tragically young age.

Agreed on Skylarking - it sounds like it's trying to be clever and failing?🤔

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Remembering the International bit about the day. Reggae truly has gone worldwide.

For example, these are some of the big tunes my wife grew up with in Nigeria back in the day.

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
This used to get plays at the Africa club at Babylon Lounge bitd..
From South Africa.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Make em sweat bruv...

Do you ever listen to Craig Charles on 6 Music in the afternoons? He has a little listeners 'jar of ska' section one day a week. Some purists complain when Reggae tunes are picked.

I'm saying nothing about Ska, Rocksteady and Reggae on this Reggae thread :wink: I'll just got with this instead :D

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This used to get plays at the Africa club at Babylon Lounge bitd..
From South Africa.

Lucky Dube was huge in Nigeria!
I expect Alpha Blondy was huge in Francophone West Africa too?

Talking of SA. I came across this recently. Love their selection and the vibes, especially the way they give Steepers their own unique dance twist.

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Do you ever listen to Craig Charles on 6 Music in the afternoons? He has a little listeners 'jar of ska' section one day a week. Some purists complain when Reggae tunes are picked.

I'm saying nothing about Ska, Rocksteady and Reggae on this Reggae thread :wink: I'll just got with this instead :D

I've never worked out who ' Uncle Freddie ' is !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here