Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Interesting

mike1901

May 12, 2017
Argentine sports news according to a very good Argentinian friend here in Tenerife has today quoted the following.
Liverpool is the favoured English Prem side by many Argentinians, so it is only right one of their world cup stars goes to the club.
An almost sealed deal for 60million GDP is agreed with certain other payments believed at 2.5m per time.
This deal will include the security of 2 players ( unnamed) from Liverpool to Brighton One of these is a free transfer the other is likely to be a part of the deal as in contract.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Argentine sports news according to a very good Argentinian friend here in Tenerife has today quoted the following.
Liverpool is the favoured English Prem side by many Argentinians, so it is only right one of their world cup stars goes to the club.
An almost sealed deal for 60million GDP is agreed with certain other payments believed at 2.5m per time.
This deal will include the security of 2 players ( unnamed) from Liverpool to Brighton One of these is a free transfer the other is likely to be a part of the deal as in contract.
Maybe lost in translation, but I’d question any report suggesting that Milner to Brighton is in anyway part of the deal. Milner is a free agent and can sign for whomever he wants; Liverpool have no say in that matter.

If there is another player coming the other way, I hope it’s not Kelleher. He looked shocking against Saints, particularly in comparison to some of the clips I’ve seen of Rushworth over the past 2 seasons.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So £60m plus TWO players (albeit one who is out of contract)? ???

That would soften the blow a bit, no?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Not sure who I would want from Liverpool. OK, yes, Salah, Allison, VVD blah blah. But I'm talking about the real world.

I can see a certain logic in Milner, and I guess that he's one of those being referred to despite being out of contract.

But i'm not looking at their fringe players in the starry eyed way I would have done when we were down the leagues. We're just one place off them now and with far more promising youth prospects.

But with all these stories, the thing to ask is what is the quality of the source? hmmm

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
They have some great young players - Jones, Elliot - not sure any are realistic tho

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Could be Milner + a loanee? We did it with Colwill...

Fábio Carvalho?

(Though most likely Milner & Kelleher if this rumour is true, with Big Bob + £20m going to Chelsea for Colwill)

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The other player in question is Van Dyke. If we don't get Colwill then apparently he's coming to us!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here