[Albion] Inside The Tunnel Club

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
I mean it looks nice, but very overpriced if it costs £9K a season.

Oh for the days of sitting in the pouring rain at Withdean watching lower league football.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Decent looking scotch eggs but not £9k worth.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
It was an ok afternoon

A master chef (supposedly) - heated padded seats - a food and drink service to your seat - being able to do the look at me to the less well off.
And of course, brag to my associates that I can do this every other week. Obviously not that often - the equestrian in me normally takes priority.

The only real downside that I can see is the fact that a load of very rich bastards are running around kicking a ball - sometimes it even hits them on the head!!!
And a lot of numptys shout and sing obscene songs- absolutely no decorum at all.
And if you get a food or drink order delivered, or you need the facilities, you get shouted at by some of the supposedly richer oiks for obstructing their view of the men running about.

I mean I don’t mind paying the money but you expect a bit of respect.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I mean it looks nice, but very overpriced if it costs £9K a season.

Oh for the days of sitting in the pouring rain at Withdean watching lower league football.
My only issue is the ability to order food and drinks in the seats. As has already been highlighted by a couple of posters, this does seem to impinge on other fans/press enjoyment of the game.

It also seems a bit unnecessary given the 5 course pre-match meal.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
….and for that price forget the coat rail, I want one of those little stools for my man bag as a minimum.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
In that video clip the poster seems to be served a pint of beer at his seat - thought this wasn’t allowed ? Maybe it’s shandy

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Looks amazing but really shows the divide in this Country between rich and poor.

If you think that’s impressive you should see what Tony Bloom built with his money

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Dont blame the Albion but when I look back having a Tunnel Club is not something I will be proud of. I love us competing at top level but still miss the days in championship when certain games they would sell some tickets at £15 which gave some the opportunity to attend. How times have changed selling tickets for £500

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Perhaps the club would be better off sorting out the catering in the rest of the ground for the 99% of fans who won't be using the tunnel club?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here