Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injuries

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just two injuries away from a decent XI, although I've had to move Mitoma into a central role to fit Milner in.

GK - ?

RB - Lamptey
CB - van Hecke
CB - ?
LB - Estupinan

CM - Gilmour
CM - Hineshelwood

RW - March
10 - Mitoma
CF - Ferguson
LW - Milner

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just two injuries away from a decent XI, although I've had to move Mitoma into a central role to fit Milner in.

GK - ?

RB - Lamptey
CB - van Hecke
CB - ?
LB - Estupinan

CM - Gilmour
CM - Hineshelwood

RW - March
10 - Mitoma
CF - Ferguson
LW - Milner
Thought Gilmour was available for tomorrow?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
There is a set squad size though you know!
You can’t name another 10 in it , but having Lamptey and Lallana take up 2 slots isn’t great, seeing as their bodies are so fragile.

We have plenty of scope to have a bigger squad though. Our named squad after the January transfer window was 20 players and two of them were Carl Rushworth and Mahmoud Dahoud who are both out on loan so could have been left out. That gives us 7 spaces that could have been filled without reaching the 25 man limit.

I'm not for one moment suggesting we should have gone to the 25 man limit, but we could easily fit in a couple of more players. We currently have 11 of that senior squad fit and 3 of them are goalkeepers (acutally it might be 12 with the news wee Billy is available). The whole everyone will be fit in February ethos is really biting us hard now.

I'm amazed that Welbeck has been pretty injury free for a long time - he usually picks up something that keeps him out for months - Doh I've said it now :facepalm:

He doesn't at all, not since his surgery on his hamstrings. He's been one of our fittest players, over his Albion Premier League career he's been named in 75% of squads. There i've said it now d'oh :facepalm:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
My big question is this...(And apologies if others have asked/stated it)

What evidence is there that over the summer and then next season we will suddenly have some big reset that will mean next year is different?
Every player has picked up an injury this season, many for a serious length of time.
Why do people think this will change?
It's not just bad luck.
fully accept that and there needs to be a thorough investigation into why this crisis has transpired, however when you look at the squad there are too
many players who just generally have pretty poor injury records, lallana, lamptey, webster, dahoud and welbeck all often know to pick up injuries, so those getting injured are a given. then you look at the others, estupinan, gilmour, van hecke and dunk all have been overplayed because there simply isn’t the quality depth in the squad. that lies at the door of recruitment. march and maybe hinshelwood had freak injuries, and there probably has been an element of bad luck involved with those. i don’t doubt the players are worked very hard in training and that might have something to do with it, but when you examine the actual situation there are several explanations available rather than it just being a case of RDZ overworking the squad

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I expect he’s been ‘coping’ with this injury for a while. Probably the reason for his drop off in form.
A fully fit and raring to go Pervis will be a massive boost for next season.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Why is it all our injured players are out for months and months , no one ever seems to be injured for a week or two

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think we’ve been very unlucky with injuries but getting rid of players that are frequently injured (Lallana, Milner, Lamptey, Webster etc) and replacing them with quality players who don’t have regular injury issues is going to be critical. These players need to be of a quality to match the likes of Groß, Dunk or March so RDZ has the confidence to use them and rotate.

I honestly think we’ll sink up to £100m in June to solve this issue. We need 6-7 new players. Luckily, I think we have up to £50m worth of players RDZ does not need that can help fund this splash. We spent £109m last summer and January, we just need to do the same this June raiding other clubs who need to balance their FFP.
Hopefully.
Couple of things though...
I'd love to know how you think we will get 50 million. Someone like Sima isn't going for anywhere near the 20 million mentioned in Jan. Undav? Anywhere close to 20 million would be Stuttgart's record signing by a huge distance.
Players who aren't featuring...I'd be amazed if any club were prepared to pay anywhere near what we did for Webster.

Re ffp. Keep reading we are in some kind of lone position on this. We aren't. Plenty of teams are fine on ffp and they can also offer much higher wages. And Europe in some cases.

I like people's optimism about the summer but I think it might be a lot harder to shift players and get them in than we think.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
I like people's optimism about the summer but I think it might be a lot harder to shift players and get them in than we think.

This is where I am. I think if we were going to go big, I was sure we'd have done it last Summer - ambitious, converted manager and Europe for the first time, combined with big player losses Mwepu, Trossard, Mac Allister, Sanchez, Caicedo and income. But really - apart from Pedro - it was business as usual. I guess we tried (Kudos) but if we weren't appealling to players like him for this season, we certainly won't be for next.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hopefully.
Couple of things though...
I'd love to know how you think we will get 50 million.
Here some thoughts based on the players I think we should let go excluding Undav who should ideally get another go here.

Dahoud £5m - £10m
Sima £10m - £15m
Alzate Free (unless we have a 1yr option) £5m
Moder £5m - £10m
Lamptey £5m - £10m
Leonard £3m - £5m
McGill £3m - £5m
Webster £5m - £10m
Kozlowski £3m - £5m
Sarmiento £8m - £12m
Scherpen £3m - £5m

Of course, if we cash in on Mitoma, that’s the £50m done and more.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Here some thoughts based on the players I think we should let go excluding Undav who should ideally get another go here.

Dahoud £5m - £10m
Sima £10m - £15m
Moder £5m - £10m
Lamptey £5m - £10m
Leonard £3m - £5m
McGill £3m - £5m
Webster £5m - £10m
Kozlowski £3m - £5m
Sarmiento £8m - £12m
Scherpen £3m - £5m

Problem os wages - if you are Lamptey, Webster etc on £50k+ a week - you’ll want the Albion to pay up your contract and not a big drop at your new club

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Problem os wages - if you are Lamptey, Webster etc on £50k+ a week - you’ll want the Albion to pay up your contract and not a big drop at your new club

If you believe Capology, Lamptey is on £35k a week, Webster £55k.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Dahoud £5m - £10m
Sima £10m - £15m
Moder £5m - £10m
Lamptey £5m - £10m
Leonard £3m - £5m
McGill £3m - £5m
Webster £5m - £10m
Kozlowski £3m - £5m
Sarmiento £8m - £12m
Scherpen £3m - £5m

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here