Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injuries

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Has O'Mahony been injured....

I think so. (Hasn’t played for u21s recently)

I'm not aware that O'Mahony is injured. He played the entire match for the U-21s against West Ham two weeks (plus one day) ago. I suspect it is just squad rotation/load management - he may well be on international duty later this month.
Samy Chouchane has also missed the last two U-21 squads, as has Odel Offiah. Casper Nilsson and Joshua Duffus missed Friday's squad.
There are simply too many players for everyone to be involved every match.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm not aware that O'Mahony is injured. He played the entire match for the U-21s against West Ham two weeks (plus one day) ago. I suspect it is just squad rotation/load management - he may well be on international duty later this month.
Samy Chouchane has also missed the last two U-21 squads, as has Odel Offiah. Casper Nilsson and Joshua Duffus missed Friday's squad.
Ta @AZ Gull - Yep - lots of players. And although we've still some significant players missing from the first team squad . We've had no room for "u21s" in the recent couple of PL squads despite this being a common feature in the midst of the injury crisis. (eg: Peupion, BBB etc)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Ta @AZ Gull - Yep - lots of players. And although we've still some significant players missing from the first team squad . We've had no room for "u21s" in the recent couple of PL squads despite this being a common feature in the midst of the injury crisis. (eg: Peupion, BBB etc)

Seems strange to me he not been on the bench for the first team as cover when we have an injured Pedro, an out of form Ferguson, Danny is not prolific and Fati is coming back from injury. He has been on the bench before forget which game(s).

That said the coaching team know more about it than me.....

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Seems strange to me he not been on the bench for the first team as cover when we have an injured Pedro, an out of form Ferguson, Danny is not prolific and Fati is coming back from injury. He has been on the bench before forget which game(s).

That said the coaching team know more about it than me.....
Mostly - There's no room - v Everton, Fulham, and today - you'd have to drop someone like Enciso, Ansu Fati, Ferguson or Welbeck to make room for him in the 20. And when there has been (v Wolves) , RDZ has plumped for Peupion and BBB from the u21 bench

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There weren't any injuries mentioned in the pre Roma press conference so we're looking at a squad like :

Steele, Verbruggen
Veltman, Dunk, JPVH, Webster, Igor, Estupinan
Gross, Baleba, Moder, Gilmour
Adingra,, Lamptey, Baker Boitey, Peupion
Lallana, Ansu Fati, Buonanotte, Enciso
Welbeck , Ferguson

With not available
March
Milner
Pedro (hamstring) -
Mitoma (back)
Hinshelwood (foot)
Barco (not available UEL squad)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The next game is on Sunday March 31st ? So in 17 days time. - The return of Pedro ? . Maybe - but still no sign of him training etc.
And we haven't had a Milner update for a while.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
There weren't any injuries mentioned in the pre Roma press conference so we're looking at a squad like :

Steele, Verbruggen
Veltman, Dunk, JPVH, Webster, Igor, Estupinan
Gross, Baleba, Moder, Gilmour
Adingra,, Lamptey, Baker Boitey, Peupion
Lallana, Ansu Fati, Buonanotte, Enciso
Welbeck , Ferguson

With not available
March
Milner
Pedro (hamstring) -
Mitoma (back)
Hinshelwood (foot)
Barco (not available UEL squad)
Do you know if he was asked?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The next game is on Sunday March 31st ? So in 17 days time. - The return of Pedro ? . Maybe - but still no sign of him training etc.
And we haven't had a Milner update for a while.
He mentioned Milner in the pre-Forest presser and indicated that, like Joao Pedro, he should be back after the international break.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He mentioned Milner in the pre-Forest presser and indicated that, like Joao Pedro, he should be back after the international break.
That's not exactly definitive, is it? Solly March and Kaoru Mitoma will be back 'after the International break'!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Last time - i think - there was a Pedro update was on Mar 2nd , pre Fulham when RDZ confirmed he hadn't made much progress with this injury and that he "could" be back after the international break. Either way . Its still a way off.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I enjoyed watching RDZs shoulders slowly slumping inane question after inane question. By the end I think the withering looks he was giving some Italian journalists probably turned them to dust.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I enjoyed watching RDZs shoulders slowly slumping inane question after inane question. By the end I think the withering looks he was giving some Italian journalists probably turned them to dust.
Apparently was laying into the Italian journalists after the press conference ended - love to see a video of that!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
That's not exactly definitive, is it? Solly March and Kaoru Mitoma will be back 'after the International break'!
Oh, agreed, but many crave definitive understanding about everything Albion-related, and I'm of the view that we can't expect that. I'd go as far to say as that he was saying that he expects them back for the game after the international break. But maybe we can also accept that recovery schedules from injuries are never definitive, and there can be things like setbacks, etc.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Last time - i think - there was a Pedro update was on Mar 2nd , pre Fulham when RDZ confirmed he hadn't made much progress with this injury and that he "could" be back after the international break. Either way . Its still a way off.
Nope. He mentioned Joao Pedro in the pre-Forest press conference.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Fair. I wasn't aware of the not training, so thanks for that.
I remember when Pedro first got injured.... at the spurs away game some guy behind me was so sure he was out for the season and had heard that from Darren bloom. Many laughed at me when I put it on here.

I hope he's wrong or lying !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here