Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indietracks Festival / all things C86 and indiepop!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Used to encounter them at Leeds gigs in their cycling gear on occasion...

Sorry that we seem to have turned this thread into "reminiscences of Leeds in the 80s". Superbly random.

As a middle-aged man, I'm happy to read the reminiscences of others. I've never been to Leeds, although a university friend was from there and used to tell me about meeting The Edsel Auctioneer and The Pale Saints at parties. She also loved Leeds Station by The Parachute Men. There was a week or so when the Barging Into The Presence Of God EP was the only thing I'd listen to. I used to play Sight Of You when I did some busking - it loses something when played acoustically, but it's a nice break to only have to play two chords. What about that Connor Goldson? Doing Salop proud, he is.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Used to encounter them at Leeds gigs in their cycling gear on occasion...

Sorry that we seem to have turned this thread into "reminiscences of Leeds in the 80s". Superbly random.

Moving on to Leeds in the early 90s, Sonic Youth supported by Pavement and Cell at the T&C2 was a fine night out. I could still drink 3 pints of gold label.
Can't remember if Cud's Christmas party was at the T&C2 or the poly, probably drank half a dozen pints of gold label that night.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
As a middle-aged man, I'm happy to read the reminiscences of others. I've never been to Leeds, although a university friend was from there and used to tell me about meeting The Edsel Auctioneer and The Pale Saints at parties. She also loved Leeds Station by The Parachute Men. There was a week or so when the Barging Into The Presence Of God EP was the only thing I'd listen to. I used to play Sight Of You when I did some busking - it loses something when played acoustically, but it's a nice break to only have to play two chords. What about that Connor Goldson? Doing Salop proud, he is.

Yes, I hope we got a sell on clause for Connor. We've got a couple more youngsters you can poach if you want.

I was probably at the same parties.

"Queens Hotel in the pouring rain, I am hooooome"

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Moving on to Leeds in the early 90s, Sonic Youth supported by Pavement and Cell at the T&C2 was a fine night out. I could still drink 3 pints of gold label.
Can't remember if Cud's Christmas party was at the T&C2 or the poly, probably drank half a dozen pints of gold label that night.

Saw Pavement at the Poly with Boyracer doing a guerilla support from a truck outside.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Very sensible trousers. Tending towards slacks.

It was that tension between trousers and slacks, between polo shirts and short-sleeved shirts, that gave them the edge. Did TWP help them on the way? Why did Gedge omit the curse word in their version of Box Elder?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Looking forward to seeing The Monochrome Set this Saturday and Lovely Eggs the following.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The lovely 'Lovely Eggs' were on top form last night ( celebrating ten years as an act) at a pretty packed Patterns. All the favourites plus a couple of earlier tracks- nothing much longer than 2 minutes. Perfect pop for a bank holiday weekend.

Flex Your Head

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here