[Albion] Incorrect season ticket refund amount

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
How confident are you of attending 19 home matches in 2020/2021? I would suggest the Club need to be very confident before charging any more on account.

They haven't stopped the direct debits unless a payment break was taken. At the moment no decision has been made on what is happening next season regarding fans attending so the club are doing nothing wrong by taking the money. If fans cannot attend games then refunds will be given again meaning further reduced payments down the line. People who pay in full for next season will have already done so, it would be a complete administrative nightmare to stop the direct debit payments across the board and then work out what everyone owes whenever fans are allowed back in (plus we may well see massive hikes in direct debit payments for some fans to ensure this season is paid for and 2021-22 season payments can start in April 2021). This way is a lot easier for the club.

If anyone is genuinely struggling to make the payments for next season, I am sure they could contact the club to discuss what options may be available.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
They haven't stopped the direct debits unless a payment break was taken. At the moment no decision has been made on what is happening next season regarding fans attending so the club are doing nothing wrong by taking the money. If fans cannot attend games then refunds will be given again meaning further reduced payments down the line. People who pay in full for next season will have already done so, it would be a complete administrative nightmare to stop the direct debit payments across the board and then work out what everyone owes whenever fans are allowed back in (plus we may well see massive hikes in direct debit payments for some fans to ensure this season is paid for and 2021-22 season payments can start in April 2021). This way is a lot easier for the club.

If anyone is genuinely struggling to make the payments for next season, I am sure they could contact the club to discuss what options may be available.

Oh, I completely get it from the Club's POV. I am not sure any other commercial organisation would get away with it, but I do get it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Oh, I completely get it from the Club's POV. I am not sure any other commercial organisation would get away with it, but I do get it.

I'm not sure what they are getting away with? Airlines are still selling tickets for flights that may not happen, the same for holiday companies and tickets for concerts etc. I'd say getting our money back from the Albion has/will be a lot easier than any of the above.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I pay monthly and have had 5 transactions into my bank totalling just under 100 quid. I'm sure the email said I'm due 140.but this has not been taken off monthly Payments

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Still waiting for two refunds totalling £230 had an email about 4 weeks ago saying it’s processed this afternoon and will see in my account in coming weeks ! Did they mean coming months ??

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'm still waiting for £400 of refunds for me and my son. I've had the parking refund back to my Amex card but nothing in the bank account yet and the email said it would come in the second week of June.
Only thing is, I have changed my bank account twice (don't ask) since I first took out an ST but I paid my last DD payments from my current current account so it should come back to the same one

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm still waiting for £400 of refunds for me and my son. I've had the parking refund back to my Amex card but nothing in the bank account yet and the email said it would come in the second week of June.
Only thing is, I have changed my bank account twice (don't ask) since I first took out an ST but I paid my last DD payments from my current current account so it should come back to the same one

I would contact the club, as a refund should go back to the original source of purchase

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I would contact the club, as a refund should go back to the original source of purchase

I will do if I don't get anything by the end of the week. As they've taken DD from my existing account they should be able to pay it back into that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I will do if I don't get anything by the end of the week. As they've taken DD from my existing account they should be able to pay it back into that.

I honestly think that is the issue, they can't they have to put the refund back on the source of original purchase.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I honestly think that is the issue, they can't they have to put the refund back on the source of original purchase.

I haven't changed account and am still waiting. I will also email the club if by Thursday or Friday they haven't reimbursed me.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I haven't changed account and am still waiting. I will also email the club if by Thursday or Friday they haven't reimbursed me.

I asked a month or so ago as I’ve had no contact bar the first letter saying I’d hear soon. They said my refund will be processed for July but they didn’t know how much etc.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Nothing yet received. The Albion are not the worst at giving refunds in my experience (that honour goes to a Greek hotel who are keeping my deposit), but they're in the bottom 3.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports