Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Income and volumes?

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Just posted this on another thread:-

According to the History Man:-

"At each of the near-capacity games thus far supporters have drunk around 17,000 pints of beer, including 8,000 pints of Harveys; and they have eaten around 10,000 pies!"

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!

"At each of the near-capacity games thus far supporters have drunk around 17,000 pints of beer, including 8,000 pints of Harveys; and they have eaten around 10,000 pies!"

Ok so maybe a few less programmes but a few more beers. Can anyone think of anything else? Parking income? It seems that 750k ish for a 20k crowd is about right?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Including STH income (already received) I would estimate as follows:

20,000 gate @ average £30.00 = £600K
10,000 pies @ £3.60 = £36k
15,000 pints @ £3.60 = £54K
Merchandise @ £5k?
Programmes 15,000 @ £3.00 = £45k

TOTAL: £740,000 per (almost) sell-out

Add:
- Some one here tonight on another thread quoted the actual pie and beer sales. They were higher than that on 19,000 gates.
- Will 1901 Club be paying more per ticket?
- 1901 meals and drinks x most of the 2,600.
- 22,500, not 20,000 gates.
- Additional national advertisers, being LFC here?

e.g. 22,500 for the LFC game, at £30, = £0.675m just on ticket sales. Surely record receipts for a home game for the club.

(Turnover at Withdean in latter years, from all sources, was just a typical £4.5m!)

Then less 1/6 for VAT on all the above.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Add:
- Some one here tonight on another thread quoted the actual pie and beer sales. They were higher than that on 19,000 gates.
- Will 1901 Club be paying more per ticket?
- 1901 meals and drinks x most of the 2,600.
- 22,500, not 20,000 gates.
- Additional national advertisers, being LFC here?

e.g. 22,500 for the LFC game, at £30, = £0.675m just on ticket sales. Surely record receipts for a home game for the club.

(Turnover at Withdean in latter years, from all sources, was just a typical £4.5m!)

Then less 1/6 for VAT on all the above.

1901 club get cup matches included in their ST price. So stick with 20,000 paying customers for a sellout cup game like LFC.
Don't know how much Sky pay for TV coverage? Anyone know?
Also I think merchandise sales will be more than 5k. The queue on the club shop for the Peterborough game was F long!

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Just calculated that if we have say 28 home games this season at around 18k average our match day income would be between 18 & 20 million!!
That's without TV income.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
1901 club get cup matches included in their ST price. So stick with 20,000 paying customers for a sellout cup game like LFC.
Also I think merchandise sales will be more than 5k. The queue on the club shop for the Peterborough game was F long!

Do the 2,600 1901 members (those taking the catering) have to pay for their meals?
If so, charge per game?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Ok so maybe a few less programmes but a few more beers. Can anyone think of anything else? Parking income? It seems that 750k ish for a 20k crowd is about right?
I doubt that the club would make money on the parking as ther must be a rent for the car parks and a wage for the high number of stewards.
It would also be interesting to know the expenditure on each match, I suppose knowing the income less the expenditure we could find out the profit, hey that's why I got a RSA / Pitman in accounts.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Do the 2,600 1901 members (those taking the catering) have to pay for their meals?
If so, charge per game?

Yes they do pay for catering. I think a match day 3 course meal with half time pie and tea/coffee afterwards is £32/person. Not sure how many per game... If we say 20% of members that is 520 x 32 = £16,640?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
It might sound a lot of money but you are only counting the money in.

We were losing money at withdean but our costs were far lower I would be surprised if we were showing anything but a small profit. If we are breaking even I'd be happy.

Without tb's money we would have a 20k basic ground and a team to suit.

Unless you have 60k crowds and a worldwide fan base you will not make any money except through exceptional player sales that occur from time to time (eg man u ronaldo)

I'm not even sure clubs even want to make a profit because Even then they would have to pay tax on the profit so balancing the books is the way forward at this stage.

Barber man

Feb 20, 2011
We ARE making a profit as a football stadium on a match day and don't forget the Amex isn't open just for football. We recently hosted a wedding fair. Marriages have also taken place there. They have confrences and food and drink fairs. Christmas time they have five nights of festive celebrations where they will entertain 5,000 at £35.00 ahead, buffet included but drinks will bring in a few bob. The Amex doesn't and won't stop taking money. Tony bloom and his very experienced team know how to make money, it's his job and in his hands this club will flourish beyond our wildest dreams. No problem..!!!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Aren't the terms of the deal with Azure something like they pay a sum up front to be caterer, and then keep something like 80% of catering income? That will obviously have an affect on the figures posted above if true, though it is offset by the up-front payment.

Barber man

Feb 20, 2011
The catering contract with azure was five million but I can't remember the lengh of the deal. I'm thinking it can't be five million a year..

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Wasn't it posted on here that the first game was a £1,600,000 game for the club?

Be interested to see why those numbers aren't repeated every game.

TB

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
I believe Sky pay £100,000 for telivising matches. It's designed to be compensation for the loss of ticket sales resulting from fans staying at home to watch. So for us, it's just extra bunce :)

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

The club told Sussex Life two months before opening they expected to sell 4,000 pints per game

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Football clubs don't make money - they make income that goes to the firms that sell their goods from within that club overcoat.

The only reason man u can keep going is that they can service the loans they took out to get the club where they are.
If you want to know how hard it is to make money from a football club take Liverpool.

Big club - CONSTANT large home gates
Worldwide supporters massive in Asia and everywhere
Some recent European success.

But because they have not made the most of their massive support by winning titles they have not been able to get the additional overseas sales of merchandise that make money.

If it wasn't for tb we would be in danger of completely being out of business. We couldn't have gone on at withdean for much longer and it was only the Falmer decision that enabled us to get through the 2008 financial crisis.

Tb not only saved us with the loan for the stadium but gave us the back up to build a fantastic setup during financial turmoil.

That doesn't mean it will make money though - only if we get prem sky money domestic and European success giving access to glory hunting merchandising sales across the world will we make money.

Forget making money just enjoy the journey tb has enabled us to travel on and see how far we get!!

But because they

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here