In with the Saints Fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
To be honest woundn't consider wearing colours - They probably woundn't let me in any way

Feel I have to wear something discreet - Quite like those new blue and black scarves in the club shop with the small logo - Looks a bit more like a colledge scarve of some sort rather than a footie scarf - shopping on Saturday

I am sitting in the family section - have sat there a couple times before as a neutral - they all seem pretty friendly

Will miss the sing-a-long party in the BHA end and will probably spend most the match dazy eyed watching the blue and white mob from a distance - should get some good piccys etc

Should be fun and a lesson in behavior control

Cheers

:wozza:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
you really think they are expecting it to sell out :O

Yep - they are expecting it, especially if we both win our next matches. The trouble is that they have quite a high volume of season ticket holders which makes exact forecasting of crowd numbers difficult. Even though this is midweek they are expecting a big turnout - and they are also expecting our fans to be in with the Saints fans because they know that we cannot get all the tickets we want and that many Brighton fans are using local contacts to get tickets.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
To be honest woundn't consider wearing colours - They probably woundn't let me in any way

Feel I have to wear something discreet - Quite like those new blue and black scarves in the club shop with the small logo - Looks a bit more like a colledge scarve of some sort rather than a footie scarf - shopping on Saturday

I am sitting in the family section - have sat there a couple times before as a neutral - they all seem pretty friendly

Will miss the sing-a-long party in the BHA end and will probably spend most the match dazy eyed watching the blue and white mob from a distance - should get some good piccys etc

Cheers

There is a Saints steward in the Chapel that we work with, and he is unable to control his response to goals! Although he is supposed to focus on the crowd and not show reactions, whenever Saints score he has to run under the main stand to the concourse where you can here him shouting and celebrating before coming back out to the side of the pitch! Looks a bit like Ricky Gervaise as well, which makes it all a bit surreal...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was in the Hereford end for 'that' match.....now that was a lesson in restraint!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
All you need to do is remember the fuss that is made at Withdean and on here if and when a few "aways" come in the south stand at the theatre of trees. :tantrum:
But watching as quietly as possible from the Saints end is better than not seeing the game at all. :ascarf:

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
i recall a tip once given to me back in the 80's when going to most grounds was a very risky business - carry shopping bag with you, say, a Sainsbury's (not Tescos, obviously) carrier bag with you, and people automatically, instinctively, assume you are a local.

Odd, but it works, apparently.

I went to St Mary's with AFCB a couple of times earlier this season and they have plenty of people hanging around trying to spot the away supporters.

On the way from the station to the ground you have to go by a particularly vile pub full of 50 something hooligans who scrutinise you very carefully as you walk past. Be careful, just not worth the risk.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Past master at this.....

When we score, you have to quickly convert your unbridled joy into fake howls of anguish. Half a second after jumping to your feet with your hands in the air, you must clamp your hands down on to your head, lean forward and sob "No, No No - it can't be...".

See you in the Home section.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
i recall a tip once given to me back in the 80's when going to most grounds was a very risky business - carry shopping bag with you, say, a Sainsbury's (not Tescos, obviously) carrier bag with you, and people automatically, instinctively, assume you are a local.

Odd, but it works, apparently.

I went to St Mary's with AFCB a couple of times earlier this season and they have plenty of people hanging around trying to spot the away supporters.

On the way from the station to the ground you have to go by a particularly vile pub full of 50 something hooligans who scrutinise you very carefully as you walk past. Be careful, just not worth the risk.

What do you mean by plenty of people 'looking out for away fans'? Didn't think southampton was like this...

Jan 30, 2008

Cheers
:facepalm:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
such a naive comment :rolleyes:

Are you refering to my comment? Try using the QUOTE button?

It wasn't meant to be naive - far from it. Just meant on the whole it doesn't seem a bad place with lots of idiots. Also there will be massive police presence at a South coast 'derby' you would think. Times have moved on sunshine :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

It wasn't meant to be naive - far from it. Just meant on the whole it doesn't seem a bad place with lots of idiots. Also there will be massive police presence at a South coast 'derby' you would think. Times have moved on sunshine :thumbsup:

They do still have issues Sheebo.

Court cases are still rumbling on against their hoolies for trouble at two games last season. One was unsurprisingly the cup game with Pompey, but the other was some random league game.

Jan 30, 2008

clueless response, as I SAID naive :thumbsup:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I remember our 1st game there when we had been promoted to div 2 under mullery. 1st game of the season and Saints had some mental head cases there

i remember one massive bloke who climbed over to pitchside and took about 5 coppers to take him down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports