Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In the world of football, what makes you CRINGE?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Not much, I'm not sure at what point football fans became so insecure. I'm blaming SKY anyway.

Agreed, it's weird. Seemingly everything makes someone or other cringe. Well, DIDDUMS.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Fans counting out loud the amount of seconds the opposing goalkeeper is holding the ball for.

It's pointless because that rule is down to the ref's discretion and is rarely, if ever, enforced.

This with bells on :thumbsup:
Someone that sits near me in the WSU near the front and at the North stand end does this, he is on NSC but I'm not going to name and shame him, but he counts out very loud on his own. :shutup:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Fans singing or making any noise - such as clapping - at a football match. It's pointless because it doesn't necessarily make any difference to how they play. Total CRINGE-ORAMA

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Anyone saying Rooney is world class. Watching him tonight confirms he isn't.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Fans wearing jesters hats.

Fans wearing onesies.

Kids wearing a full kit but with the shorts over the top of track suit trousers. :shrug:

Fans wearing a replica shirt over the top of 2 jumpers and a hoody.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Players diving like they have been shot.

Players rolling around feigning injury (when everyone knows that if they were really injured, they would not roll around!)

David Beckham talking on any subject.

Yes, all of those, plus players asking for opponents to be booked, and too few chips in a portion :wink:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
"XXXX is shithole, I want to go home..." BEFORE the match.

It was mildly amusing once at Stoke after we got stuffed 3-0, but the moment you get there...?

I agree 100%

It may be SLIGHTLY acceptable if you are being kept behind AFTER a game and the place IS a shit hole but certainly not before.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
With (genuine) respect, if the game's authorities are short-sighted and arrogant enough to keep piddling about with the names of the leagues purely for short-term marketing and branding purposes, why should the rest of us feel duty-bound slavishly to keep up with the latest temporary names that they happen to dream up? Damn it, take a stand.

Fair enough. As long as I can call our ground Falmer instead of its temporary name of The Amex.

paul & shark

Sep 17, 2013
Blokes with Jester hats, grown men with a replica top over a jumper.

Being glared at for swearing.

75% of football fans.

90% of the women at the football.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
that horrible "easy easy easy" chant from a few years ago

anyone over the age of 16 with the name of a player on the back of a shirt, or even worse a nickname.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
The "We are thucking brilliant" chant was pretty cringy, especially when Poyet sang it on the mic at the trophy parade.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
that horrible "easy easy easy" chant from a few years ago

anyone over the age of 16 with the name of a player on the back of a shirt, or even worse a nickname.

Didn't they used to do that chant in the 60s/70s too?

paul & shark

Sep 17, 2013
They are not ultras, they are just confused bods.

Ultras have a massive say on the continent, heavily involved in politics. UK 'ultra's like a flag and thats it. lol

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
When Adrian Chiles says "and now over to our commentary team Andy Townsend and..."

Adrian Chiles

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here