Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Improvements to NSC or new features to add

Dec 29, 2011
On another forum I read, there is a little [+] button next to each users name which brings up a small text box. You can write anything in this and save it, and it'll always be associated with that user (only on your account) when you press the [+] button.

It's handy for saving quotes or URLs from when someone says something ("We'll definitely be relegated, Oscar is shite") which may later turn out to be gold. Or instead it could be used to save their track record of transfers they report which are 'definitely happening'.

XHN7B.png

Came in to post this, it's really annoying and has been around for ages, there must be a fix ???

+1

I think there should be a prize at the end of the year with most thumbs up for their posts and the bottom 4 or 5 should be banned from the site for a period of time.

Great idea, conform with the views of the majority of NSC or be banned. Would there even be a forum if everyone just thought the same stuff?

under 11's area

Found it! At least, I think that's where all the children hang out.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I can see your thinking, it can get very annoying on serious threads but I can guarantee you not many people would bother paying. I wouldn't, purely because I wouldn't want to pay to have some self satisfied prig like you dictating what is and isn't acceptable.
Its works on other sites quite well. It stop exactly the type of post you have just made. When a valid point is brought, whether you agree or not, too many like you cannot just make your point, you have to have a snidey dig at the end of it. How am I dictating what is and what is not acceptable? I think your problem is, you have such a low opinion of yourself, when someone suggests something you may not like, you take it as a personal insult and have to throw insults back.

So how am I dictating what is and what is not acceptable through that idea?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Its works on other sites quite well. It stop exactly the type of post you have just made. When a valid point is brought, whether you agree or not, too many like you cannot just make your point, you have to have a snidey dig at the end of it. How am I dictating what is and what is not acceptable? I think your problem is, you have such a low opinion of yourself, when someone suggests something you may not like, you take it as a personal insult and have to throw insults back.

So how am I dictating what is and what is not acceptable through that idea?

**** off.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
**** off.

My point exactly. Wouldn't it be nice for those who are here to discuss football with other football fans, to have a section on the site that we didn't have to put up with this type of attention seeker poster, who really add nothing apart from trolling threads.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
My point exactly. Wouldn't it be nice for those who are here to discuss football with other football fans, to have a section on the site that we didn't have to put up with this type of attention seeker poster, who really add nothing apart from trolling threads.

I'm not trolling I genuinely think it's a bad idea and has been turned down many times. And nor am I going to turn this thread into a binfest I will suggest though that the richness of NSC is derived from members who can post seriously about serious things and equally, post a bit of harmless nonsense here and there. I wouldn't take it all so personally if I were you.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

No it wouldn't. The beauty of NSC is that any subject within reason is discussed and the discourse ranges from the reasonable to the farcical. Just discussing football in a manner dictated as reasonable by a small clique would be dreadful. I love NSC because it isn't other sites.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
No it wouldn't. The beauty of NSC is that any subject within reason is discussed and the discourse ranges from the reasonable to the farcical. Just discussing football in a manner dictated as reasonable by a small clique would be dreadful. I love NSC because it isn't other sites.
Its not a case of dictating peoples views. Its a matter of being able to discuss things, from a wide range of viewpoints from far left to far right if you like, without having to put up with the few who attempt to turn any thread they do not agree on into a binfest, which happens far too often on here. Far too many on here can only reply with a simple "**** off", or "your an idiot" without ever posting a view of their own. It would be nice if that sort of poster was isolated. Not for one second am I suggesting a section where people can be barred for having a view the majority disagree with! I'd only last a day!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Its not a case of dictating peoples views. Its a matter of being able to discuss things, from a wide range of viewpoints from far left to far right if you like, without having to put up with the few who attempt to turn any thread they do not agree on into a binfest, which happens far too often on here. Far too many on here can only reply with a simple "**** off", or "your an idiot" without ever posting a view of their own. It would be nice if that sort of poster was isolated. Not for one second am I suggesting a section where people can be barred for having a view the majority disagree with! I'd only last a day!

That's what the moderating rules are for to be fair. Some think NSC is over moderated and others think it is under moderated. Personally I think they get it just about right most of time. You should have seen it in the days when you could enter a different user name with each post and your IP wasn't displayed!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
An official NSC player of the season. For example, 10 posters who are attending the games (Could be chosen at random) giving marks out of 10 for performance each game. This gets averaged out to give a MOtM. By the end of the season we will have a definitive POTS with maybe an official trophy awarded at the end of the season awards?. Just a thought, so ignore me if it's already been posted and knocked back as a stupid idea!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

I can reply with a lot more than **** off but sometimes it's just not worth the effort.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I think words that Google don't like should be replaced with other, more inoffensive words, like 'crikey', 'balderdash' and 'flip' instead of asterisks.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
A sub-forum for the World Cup 2014 Score Predictors

100% in agreement with this. One person decides to predict in each thread and the whole first page is wiped out. If there were loads of pages in each thread I'd defer and accept that I am on the unpopular side of the argument, but that'snot the case.Can't they be bundled up and moved or merged into one or something? What a load of shit.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013

I think it should happen. Just so we can watch the 'serious football fans' who think they are much better everyone else, segregate themselves from us riff raff.

ooh get me, i've given an opinion...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Tubby-McFat-Fuc, you are a total f'ing hypocrite. 1: you troll my thread earlier today, lurking in the shadows thumbing yourself down into what I guess was a state of near sexual frenzy. 2: you did this in spite of offering nothing constructive or otherwise therein. 3. you claim you want serious debate, yet behave like a school bully dishing out the thumbs down akin to some dictatorial Roman emperor or yore.

4. I don't think Nibble likes you.
5. I don't like you either.
6. You don't like me, but you'd rather dish out your golden high and mighty opinion from somewhere near the back.

I reference the late great Rik... "Yes, **** at the back?!?"

Darling.

Kosh

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Fix the insert images facility on the quick reply. Going advanced every time it doesn't work gets irritating and time consuming.

And can somebody have a word with Enrest, because he's getting repetative (or alzheimers).

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Don't split it into sub-forums. The anarchy of the Big Board is its best appeal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here