Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Impeccable source.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Hahahaha.

Most pathetic group of fans in football.

Everyone moaning how rubbish he was jan, and feb.

Similar championship strike rate in a terrible team.

Ulloa style doesn't fit samis.

£4.5m gain after ulloa profit and ended up with a decent championship striker for free in effect.

Bring in another striker like baldock for £2m and we would have a good set of 3 strikers with Shamir as back up.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why has it taken two months for this deal to happen? He was always going to leave, and the price was always going to be £7million odd. Now we're just three weeks away from the first match of the season and will necessarily have to rush through our squad rebuilding.

It sounds like we've got our price, but right now we've lost the spine of the side, with Kuszczak, Upson, Bridcutt and Ulloa all gone and nothing concrete in its place. Is that £12 million now in the bank? T'riffic.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I've forgotten the words already

Really? Well it's:

"Who was that man from....from...."

Sorry, lost it too.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Hahahaha.

Bring in another striker like baldock for £2m and we would have a good set of 3 strikers with Shamir as back up.

I don't think Baldock is good enough if we're being ambitious. He's a quality League One player, but I don't think he could cut it at the top of the Championship.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I remember O'Grady a few years back for Rochdale against us. He looked half decent then - very difficult to get the ball off..

If he does as well as some other former Rochdale strikers then I won't complain. (Rickie Lambert, Grant Holt, er, FFS Murray ...)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think you have to do this in the modern game. The only way you will attract the best young talent is if they see you as a club that can further their career, or with you or as a stepping stone.

If Ulloa was being sold to a Championship rival, then yes we could certainly question our ambition. However Ulloa to be fair to him has earnt a crack at the Premier League and I don't think we should really be a club that stands in the way of that. Had we got promoted, brilliant, hopefully he would have stayed. But we didn't and we certainly can't blame him for wanting a chance to play at the top level.

We've got an excellent price for him, and I really hope he does well. Thanks Leo, it was great while it lasted.
Why has he earnt his crack at the PL ? he couldnt score in four play off games.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Why has it taken two months for this deal to happen? He was always going to leave, and the price was always going to be £7million odd. Now we're just three weeks away from the first match of the season and will necessarily have to rush through our squad rebuilding.

It sounds like we've got our price, but right now we've lost the spine of the side, with Kuszczak, Upson, Bridcutt and Ulloa all gone and nothing concrete in its place. Is that £12 million now in the bank? T'riffic.

Spot on.

And as for the 12 mill in the bank, that's a laugh.

I doubt very much whether we'll see even 5 of that put back in to the playing side of things.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Of course it is. You'd think we're nailed on for relegation the way the board has gone into meltdown.

Some of the comments on here atm are absolutely hilarious, genuinely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here