Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Immigration interview

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
A Cowboys game, BMF? When you live in the territory of the mighty Bills? :rolleyes:

Been a Cowboys fan for well over 20 years so not changing now. Am a Leafs fan as well so not really liked in Buffalo :)

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
We went through all that three years ago.. aside from the INSANE amount of time it took to process anything, no complicated or deliberately-designed-to-trick questions at all. Even got the "Welcome to the United States, sir." from a nice man with a huge gun at Seattle airport. :D

Did not get any of that as came to the US on a VWP through Canada ( 2 hour grilling but let in ) then married my girl when we lost our unborn and she nearly died as well. No way was I leaving her while going through the correct channels. Expected lots of questions at the interview because of this but all I was asked was what my fathers name was and to confirm that I had no criminal record.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Perhaps it is time someone (NOT ME) organized a real BHA USA fan club. Not sure what we'd do mind you but probably an excuse to get together somewhere for a few bevvies and a kick about.

I am sure that CPFC (wankers) have a US Fan Club. Might be an REMF stateside challenge in their somewhere.:albion2:

Any volunteers?
Sounds like a cracking idea to me although meet ups could be quite tough considering the size of the country. We do have a lot of people in the NY / Philly area as well as lots of supporters from Canada which for me is only an hour and a half away.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Sounds like a cracking idea to me although meet ups could be quite tough considering the size of the country. We do have a lot of people in the NY / Philly area as well as lots of supporters from Canada which for me is only an hour and a half away.

As we’ve waited over 10 years for a proper stadium, travelled over 50 miles to watch ‘home’ games at Gillingham and had the biggest bunch of wankers running the club in the dark days of the late 90’s organising a meet up in the States should be a piece of piss !

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Am a Leafs fan as well so not really liked in Buffalo :)

I guess you qualify under their "Bring me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses" policy then. Poor Leaves fans tired of the 41+ years of waiting. . .

Last time the Leaves won the cup, there were only six teams in the League. . .

Juan Albion

Now that you're in, you should start annoying the Yanks by always referring to this season as the "Autumn" - maybe it'll annoy them as much as the opposite annoys us.

I think you'll find that all the Americans have done is continue to use the proper English word for the season that they took with them from Blighty when they emigrated, whereas you over there now use the namby pamby French word.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think you'll find that all the Americans have done is continue to use the proper English word for the season that they took with them from Blighty when they emigrated, whereas you over there now use the namby pamby French word.

Touche ! Oops :lolol:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes indeed, I was going to say the same thing. 'Fall' is the old English word. Also the Americans have kept alive the proper long 'r' sound as at the end of words such as fear and beer. We've adopted the poncified speech of the 18th century dandies who thought it was ver' refine' to clip the ends of words.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I guess you qualify under their "Bring me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses" policy then. Poor Leaves fans tired of the 41+ years of waiting. . .

Last time the Leaves won the cup, there were only six teams in the League. . .

Yep but I will never quit following my teams so no one is going to convert me to another team.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
This is something I really want to do when I finally get some money together. How long did the whole process take ?
For me about 8 months but that is for a legal perm resident as I am married to a yank. You can apply for extended tourist visa's but usually you will get denied as we have the VWP meaning we can go to the US for 3 months.

Tim

Yep I am a tractor spotter but that is better than train spotter dude:p Hope the house hunt sell business is working out well :)

I am shocked to learn of this! I always presumed the word was coined in New England with its spectacular fall of leaves. Not happy with the "French Connection", but it will be a wrench for me to stop using the word "Autumn".
My apologies for the disparaging way I have thought about Americans whenever I have heard them use the word "Fall" !

Juan Albion

I am shocked to learn of this! I always presumed the word was coined in New England with its spectacular fall of leaves. Not happy with the "French Connection", but it will be a wrench for me to stop using the word "Autumn".
My apologies for the disparaging way I have thought about Americans whenever I have heard them use the word "Fall" !

Tis okay, there are plenty of other things to get worked up about. For me it is the way "herb" has a silent 'h'.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Tis okay, there are plenty of other things to get worked up about. For me it is the way "herb" has a silent 'h'.

.......and when they say “rout” when they mean “route” and “Baysil” for “Basil”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here