Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Immigration interview

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Hi all

Just wanted to let all my friends on here know that i had my interview today in Buffalo and am now a permanent resident of the United States of America:clap2::clap2::clap2:
Although I can no longer go to Brighton Games I still want an FA cup ticket :laugh:
See you all at Falmer as that will no doubt be my next game.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Wear the shirt. :clap:
As always
Worn it to a Maple Leafs game, a Rochester Redwings game and an Americans game. Got to line up a Cowboys game and a Rhino's game to keep the albion colours flying.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Best of luck BMF , now you are an officially recognised septic tank.
p.s. when you come over for the soccer game at the Falmer dome leave your weapon of choice behind.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Best of luck BMF , now you are an officially recognised septic tank.
p.s. when you come over for the soccer game at the Falmer dome leave your weapon of choice behind.
Dont have weapons where I live mate. Not unless you include John Deere tractors as I am right in the sticks.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Soon you will be speaking with a Yank accent.Well done:thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What do they ask in an interview?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Congrats. Was in Buffalo and the north of NYS last week wearing the stripes. No one batted an eyelid so assume the locals must be familiar with them! Fall colours were looking good. Hope this winter is kind to you and not too much snow from the Lakes.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
What do they ask in an interview?
We were lucky as they did not ask us hardly anything but some people get asked all sorts of stuff to prove their marriage ( what I went through ) and people do get denied.

Oldman, You timed Buffalo really well as strong winds the last few days have ruined the beauty of fall and we have had our first snow of the season as well. I hope we don't get much snow either as my drive to work will be a bitch if that is the case.
Cardbaord, you make sure you do dave :)

tedlit

Nov 18, 2006
Scotland (just)
We were lucky as they did not ask us hardly anything but some people get asked all sorts of stuff to prove their marriage ( what I went through ) and people do get denied.

We went through all that three years ago.. aside from the INSANE amount of time it took to process anything, no complicated or deliberately-designed-to-trick questions at all. Even got the "Welcome to the United States, sir." from a nice man with a huge gun at Seattle airport. :D

Congrats. Was in Buffalo and the north of NYS last week wearing the stripes. No one batted an eyelid so assume the locals must be familiar with them! Fall colours were looking good. Hope this winter is kind to you and not too much snow from the Lakes.

The winters there can be lethal - I remember seeing tv reports from Buffalo many years ago when snow was piled several metres deep and there were deaths.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
After 9/11 I was expecting a tougher interview - but the immigration guy (who was a Red Sox fan) seemed more concerned that I would start supporting the Yankees.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Perhaps it is time someone (NOT ME) organized a real BHA USA fan club. Not sure what we'd do mind you but probably an excuse to get together somewhere for a few bevvies and a kick about.

I am sure that CPFC (wankers) have a US Fan Club. Might be an REMF stateside challenge in their somewhere.:albion2:

Any volunteers?

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Oh and B.M.F. welcome to America and 30ft of annual snowfall for you. Make sure you look into estate tax issues if you intend to stay for a while. You can't vote or serve on a jury but you will pay 90% estate tax if you croak over here. Get yourself a trust set up pronto.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Oldman, You timed Buffalo really well as strong winds the last few days have ruined the beauty of fall and we have had our first snow of the season as well. I hope we don't get much snow either as my drive to work will be a bitch if that is the case.
Cardbaord, you make sure you do dave :)

Reason I ask is that I have been given a grilling whenever I have entered the US with a travel itinery which isnt a classic NYC weekender or something. I once went to Minneapolis and choose to go via Detroit as I wanted a bit of a break in a city I'd never been to. The border bods were very suspicious as to why I wanted to go to Detroit "what's there to see here buddy" was the question. I once entered via NYC without any luggage and got the third degree. I'm white and have a US travel VISA.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Reason I ask is that I have been given a grilling whenever I have entered the US with a travel itinery which isnt a classic NYC weekender or something. I once went to Minneapolis and choose to go via Detroit as I wanted a bit of a break in a city I'd never been to. The border bods were very suspicious as to why I wanted to go to Detroit "what's there to see here buddy" was the question. I once entered via NYC without any luggage and got the third degree. I'm white and have a US travel VISA.

Even if you live here and have all the correct paperwork they can still play silly buggers – sometimes it can just be down to whatever mood the guy behind the counter is in. Generally, if you play along they’ll let you through – but I’ve seen people lose it and they will then really make life difficult.

Hi all

Just wanted to let all my friends on here know that i had my interview today in Buffalo and am now a permanent resident of the United States of America:clap2::clap2::clap2:
Although I can no longer go to Brighton Games I still want an FA cup ticket :laugh:
See you all at Falmer as that will no doubt be my next game.

Now that you're in, you should start annoying the Yanks by always referring to this season as the "Autumn" - maybe it'll annoy them as much as the opposite annoys us.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Dont have weapons where I live mate. Not unless you include John Deere tractors as I am right in the sticks.
Where theres John Deere tractors theres plenty of hoes.:blush: As you are out in the sticks try not to blend in with the locals too much or the B in B.M.F. will start to stand for Billybob.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here