Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"I'm in Brighton... what a shit hole. Seriously horrid."

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Maybe they don't like the hills

Ahem.......just up the road here in North Norfolk is the location of the 'King of the Mountains' from a recent Tour of Britain cycle race. You can still make out the 'Wiggo' and 'Cav' grafitti on the tarmac.

The aforesaid 'mountain' must be all of 50 metres above sea level:D. TdF eat your heart out. Thank goodness these pro cyclists do all that altitude training...........................

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The Norwich fan is just playing to the gallery. If he/she thinks Brighton is a shit-hole, seriously horrid etc etc then I presume this is their first ever away game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
More than likely a "look at me I'm the first one here and so cool" post from the safety of his bedroom on the outskirts of Ipswich.

Yup, there's always one. Same as there's always at least one fresher Sussex Uni student would-be writer convinced they're some kind of world-weary visionary who trots out the same trite ol' shite in the Brighton online blogs and freesheets every Autumn. Same as it ever was.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be fair he's got a point as most on here think Brighton is just amazing....It isn't by a long shot :)
In your opinion. Which places in the UK do you think are amazing?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
The mrs is from the US, we've been all over the UK and she says Brighton is the second nicest city she's been to, behind London (love that cliche). Now don't get me wrong we've been to some real dumps, but I don't think Brighton qualifies as one of those dumps on any level tbh, her third fave is Lincoln, FWIW.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Could be worse, we could play in a YELLOW (yes yellow) kit....oh, hang on a minute...we could play in YELLOW tops with GREEN (yes green) shorts...Naanaa Na naanaaa...take that. Their kits are GAY (yes gay)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Could be worse, we could play in a YELLOW (yes yellow) kit....oh, hang on a minute...we could play in YELLOW tops with GREEN (yes green) shorts...Naanaa Na naanaaa...take that. Their kits are GAY (yes gay)

Plus it's a permanent stain of shame that a pissed-up Delia Smith FFS has to cajole what passes for their supporters into getting behind the team. Purely pitiful. :rolleyes:

Lest we forget...

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
That website is utter :shit:
However, from the post I read which you have to click onto read replies :ffsparr: , it seems it was a joke and our six fingered visitors are happy!

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Plus it's a permanent stain of shame that a pissed-up Delia Smith FFS has to cajole what passes for their supporters into getting behind the team. Purely pitiful. :rolleyes:

Lest we forget...

I absolutely love Delia, but yeah, that was embarrassing

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Been here for over 4 decades and still get a buzz from going into town. I bloody love Brighton.
I went to Norwich for a lads weekend a few years back. Not a crazy place for a weekend but beer pubs and locals were all top notch.

I hope we stuff them tomorrow, but I have no beef with Norwich or their fans.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The greatest and truest statement about that part of the world comes from I, Partridge:

"1974 was a crazy, hazy time for Alan Partridge. The Sixties had come to East Anglia"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Queens Road, the gateway to Brighton, pales into shit hole insignificance alongside other arterial roads such as London Road, Lewes Road/The Upper Lewes Road, the eastern side of The Level, the stretch of the Hollingdean Road leading off the gyratory.

True but the chances are he arrived at Brighton Station!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here