Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"I'm in Brighton... what a shit hole. Seriously horrid."

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It doesn't need pedestrianisation it needs council regs on the sort of business that can setup there. A bit like the shops, pubs and restaurants in Tattenham Corner. They are regulated and need to stick to strict criteria to keep the feel of the place. That needs to happen in Brighton. The so called free spirit of the place has resulted in a free for all for crap businesses that will be closed in 6 months and the space left to rot until someone opens up a locally sourced vegetarian coffee shop or a Polski Smaki internet phone unlocking wrapping paper etched mirror luggage bong phone card noodle shop.

That's the truest and funniest line i will read today i think,but joking aside i think that would be a helpful way to go about things.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yep and I think so do all my children and grandchildren, who have all grown up supporting and loving the Albion, they I have noticed, they are also joining me in my total dislike of all things Palace.

Brilliant stuff..

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Seriously horrid!

a58d63e8-73af-11e3-_499536b.jpg

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Yes Londoners do have a connection with Albion.........Take the Bloom Family for example http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/2310803.bloom_influence_grows_as_albion_head_for_falmer/

As for ex Palace becoming Brighton,sure cc i think a few current Albion supporters may have parents or grandparents that once supported Palace and moved to Sussex,yet the children/grandchildren now support Albion...

I would suspect this could be the case for a lot of teams,when people move over the years..

But how will we ever know? No one in their right mind would fezz to that! :nono:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
According to a poster on here earlier this week, Brighton is the prettiest city on the south coast! I love Brighton, but I never think it's pretty or beautiful. I know Terry Pratchett probably modelled Ankh Morpork on London but I can imagine Brighton fitting much of the criteria.

The Wellesbourne when it occasionally runs, isn't exactly the Anke by any stretch of the imagination:D

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The Wellesbourne when it occasionally runs, isn't exactly the Anke by any stretch of the imagination:D
True. Brighton is missing a river. And the Thames, come to think of it, is far too clean, when you chuck things in it, they sink rather than bounce off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here