Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm hearing some big BHA news this evening...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why is it either/or ? Dunk vs the other additions to squad. ?
We are no doubt looking to bring others in, but if we sold Dunk for £5m, we'd have more money available for the other places.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I reckon it's 7 days too early to judge whether this is a problem.

6.01 pm on Sept 1st is the time to judge whether we should have done anything differently.

You're quite right, I really feel our whole season rests on the ability to finish teams off, all 10 points we have this season were at risk right up to the final whistle, we could easily be sitting on 3 points at the moment, while it is nice to keep the excitement going for 95 minutes it would be nice to win a few games by 2 or 3 goals every so often.

Of course the season is still only four games in as is our strikeforce and there are players in the wings who, once fit and raring to go, may fill this void

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Do we know that he refused to play, or were the club just making sure he didn't get injured while they negotiated either a new contract, or selling him?

It was a great ploy bringing in Hünemeier though. It looks good business whether we sold Dunk or not. If he moved on, Hünemeier was his replacement, and if we didn't, it looks like we were strengthening for the future. It also meant Dunk couldn't hold the club to ransom as we already had a replacement. And we could push up Dunks price on the market, as we were not desperate to sell him. I think the club played a blinder this time!

He's been fined a fortnights wages for refusing to play against Southend in the Capital 1 Cup

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
This would all be fine but your all forgetting the fact of his REFUSAL to play

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The club forgot it within 3 days by having him on the bench, stripped off ready to come on the pitch at Fulham. He was fined, the line was drawn and finished.
Why do you want to bear a grudge?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The club forgot it within 3 days by having him on the bench, stripped off ready to come on the pitch at Fulham. He was fined, the line was drawn and finished.
Why do you want to bear a grudge?

Yep this. Young footballer gets his head turned by the riches on offer.

Happens all the time in professional football and the club have dealt with this wonderfully.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We are no doubt looking to bring others in, but if we sold Dunk for £5m, we'd have more money available for the other places.

or you might argue the playing budget and our transfer targets for this year was set a while ago and Dunk's departure or not was a completely separate issue...
That said the club probably didn't imagine 6 weeks ago they'd be offering him a new expensive 5 year contract, only 13 months after offering him a new expensive 4 year contract.

Feb 14, 2010
Very pleased we are club that keep hold of our best home grown prospects. After Cook and Elphick now playing for Bournemouth in the Premier League, perhaps the club thought it was time to keep a player. I'm surprised however, but pleasantly so. Perhaps this club will change and will have ambition to have a side that matches the size of the support - a half decent top flight side.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think it's probably time for a new "where's your Albion mojo" poll?

albionite

May 20, 2009
Yes sounds abit like what Ross ( fatty) McCormack does. Not my money aslong as he performs on the pitch I don't care
or you might argue the playing budget and our transfer targets for this year was set a while ago and Dunk's departure or not was a completely separate issue...
That said the club probably didn't imagine 6 weeks ago they'd be offering him a new expensive 5 year contract, only 13 months after offering him a new expensive 4 year contract.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Oh good: is Dunk in the NSC Rogue's Gallery yet?

Along with that heinous villain Liam Bridcutt and the worst, evil culprit of the lot - in fact possibly the most evil man that has ever lived, anywhere, ever - Gus Poyet?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Oh good: is Dunk in the NSC Rogue's Gallery yet?

Along with that heinous villain Liam Bridcutt and the worst, evil culprit of the lot - in fact possibly the most evil man that has ever lived, anywhere, ever - Gus Poyet?

When you think of firemen, soldiers and police etc risking their lives on a regular basis you'd have to be quite a Dunk groupie to look at him as a hero.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
When you think of firemen, soldiers and police etc risking their lives on a regular basis you'd have to be quite a Dunk groupie to look at him as a hero.

What have firemen and soldiers got to do with it ? Complete irrelevance to Dunks contract. And who called Dunk a hero ?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
What have firemen and soldiers got to do with it ? Complete irrelevance to Dunks contract. And who called Dunk a hero ?

calm down dearie. I was responding to Man of Harveys' post about whether Dunk should go in the rogues gallery. Rogue? Well hardly a hero if he DID refuse to play. I could try to spell it out clearer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
calm down dearie. I was responding to Man of Harveys' post about whether Dunk should go in the rogues gallery. Rogue? Well hardly a hero if he DID refuse to play. I could try to spell it out clearer.

I’m perfectly calm, thanks love.

He’s not a rogue or a hero, he’s a footballer looking out for No1, as they all do. Just wasn’t sure how people who work in the emergency services somehow got dragged into the debate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here