Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm hearing some big BHA news this evening...

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
As far as I'm concerned he can shove his new contract where the sun doesn't shine.
He has actually REFUSED to play for the team he is contracted to, literally forcing them into extending his contract he only signed an extension to in January.
And there are actually people on here saying " wow great fantastic "
Greed people and disloyalty to the club and fans and some of you think its wonderful FFS :ffsparr:

I sympathise with your sentiment, but the days of loyalty to anything other than oneself is over now.
Football is now an industry more than a sport.
Club loyalty finishes at Sunday league and pub level now.
It is a career after all and a lucrative transfer can be likened to a promotion.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Do you remember the season before Manchester United sold Ronaldo to Real Madrid? Fergie gave him a new contract, asked for one more year (got a great season out of him) and sold him for top dollar. Expect the same situation here. Dunk has probably been told by TB and CH to give one more season and if we don't get promoted off he goes to Norwich or Fulham for top whack.

*i know Brighton and Manchester United/Ronaldo and Dunk are worlds apart but I am just using it as a example of how these deals often work out now*

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Do you remember the season before Manchester United sold Ronaldo to Real Madrid? Fergie gave him a new contract, asked for one more year (got a great season out of him) and sold him for top dollar. Expect the same situation here. Dunk has probably been told by TB and CH to give one more season and if we don't get promoted off he goes to Norwich or Fulham for top whack.

*i know Brighton and Manchester United/Ronaldo and Dunk are worlds apart but I am just using it as a example of how these deals often work out now*

Think you're right, but it won't be Norwich or Fulham, it'll be Newcastle, Everton or the like.

As far as I'm concerned he can shove his new contract where the sun doesn't shine.
He has actually REFUSED to play for the team he is contracted to, literally forcing them into extending his contract he only signed an extension to in January.
And there are actually people on here saying " wow great fantastic "
Greed people and disloyalty to the club and fans and some of you think its wonderful FFS :ffsparr:

Do we know that he refused to play, or were the club just making sure he didn't get injured while they negotiated either a new contract, or selling him?

It was a great ploy bringing in Hünemeier though. It looks good business whether we sold Dunk or not. If he moved on, Hünemeier was his replacement, and if we didn't, it looks like we were strengthening for the future. It also meant Dunk couldn't hold the club to ransom as we already had a replacement. And we could push up Dunks price on the market, as we were not desperate to sell him. I think the club played a blinder this time!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This is great news. Whilst Lewis appears to have been poorly advised and behaved badly re:Southend both he and the club have conducted themselves superbly throughout this whole saga keeping everything behind close doors and doing their talking in private.

My skin is too thick to be offended by Dunk's refusal to play at Southend, his head was clearly turned by the prospect of earning several million pounds and he made a young person's mistake. I'm delighted that the club stood firm and got what they wanted, which was the retention of a vital part of our team. Fair play to Dunk too for not being a want away prima donna and taking what in all probability is less money than he could have earned with a move.

In a long and arduous campaign being strong at the back is vital and we now have a strong core to this most vital of units.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm probably in the minority but I would have rather have had the cash and used that to solve our biggest problem - scoring goals
I reckon it's 7 days too early to judge whether this is a problem.

6.01 pm on Sept 1st is the time to judge whether we should have done anything differently.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This is great news. Whilst Lewis appears to have been poorly advised and behaved badly re:Southend both he and the club have conducted themselves superbly throughout this whole saga keeping everything behind close doors and doing their talking in private.

My skin is too thick to be offended by Dunk's refusal to play at Southend, his head was clearly turned by the prospect of earning several million pounds and he made a young person's mistake. I'm delighted that the club stood firm and got what they wanted, which was the retention of a vital part of our team. Fair play to Dunk too for not being a want away prima donna and taking what in all probability is less money than he could have earned with a move.

In a long and arduous campaign being strong at the back is vital and we now have a strong core to this most vital of units.

Spot on. He is ours now and due to the length of contract will probably have to pay UPWARDS of £5million.

Have a good season and he will get his riches as someone will definitely snap him up from the prem.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm probably in the minority but I would have rather have had the cash and used that to solve our biggest problem - scoring goals
I agree, unless they think Dunk can score a bundle this year too?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here