Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm about to break Tapatalk

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
all working for me on iPhone 3 ... about the only thing that is though ... i so need a new phone (PAYG) ... any one??

iPhone 4S for sale soon - 6 months old, boxed :wink:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
iPhone 4S for sale soon - 6 months old, boxed :wink:

For sale soon? I'm guessing you are waiting for the 5? Trust me, sell your 4S ASAP before the price drops after they announce the 5 on the 12th September.

Also, tapatalk is working fine for me, I'm currently posting on it.

Aldridge Prior

Aug 3, 2010
I was going to ask if anyone could find any differences as I hadn't noticed any!
With the new version, banned users are now able to see the message explaining why they are banned from Tapatalk. Previously the user received a generic message saying they couldn't connect to the server.

And I know this because I am actually banned. I have simply been able to hack vBulletin's banning mechanism - knowledge I gleaned when working for the Chinese foreign office as a spy.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
iPhone - the official phone of NSC...

View attachment 34518

[BeginOSwar]

Is that showing usage through Tapatalk, or just the medium through which the site is accessed (such as Windows etc too). I think that - if it's purely the percentages of mobile users accessing NSC through Tapatalk - then the results would be partly skewed since, and I've no source to back this up, Android users don't part with their cash as easily as iPhone users do. Having an Android phone for the past 2.5 years, I think I've only paid for 1 app and 1 kindle book from my phone.

[/BeginOSwar]

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
[BeginOSwar]

Is that showing usage through Tapatalk, or just the medium through which the site is accessed (such as Windows etc too). I think that - if it's purely the percentages of mobile users accessing NSC through Tapatalk - then the results would be partly skewed since, and I've no source to back this up, Android users don't part with their cash as easily as iPhone users do. Having an Android phone for the past 2.5 years, I think I've only paid for 1 app and 1 kindle book from my phone.

[/BeginOSwar]

On the other hand, total web usage on iOS continues to outstrip that on Android by quite a large margin.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Without wishing to upset anyone; what is wrong with using Safari for NSC?

Don't know specifically about Safari, but I found viewing NSC through a browser on the phone used loads more of my monthly network data allowance, than viewing through tapatalk. Saved me a fortune in 'extra data' charges.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[BeginOSwar]

[/BeginOSwar]

It is a fact that...

- There are a load more Android devices than iPhones
- Despite this, iOS people spend far more on apps than Android people. (That's far more in total.)
- Also, despite this, iOS people consume far more internet usage than Android people

You're right, those stats are from Tapatalk alone. Here are those from NSC directly for the past month...

Code:
1.	 Windows	   56.87%	
2.	 iOS	           23.60%
3.	 Macintosh	    8.87%
4.	 Android	    7.85%
5.       BlackBerry	    1.31%
6.	 Linux	            0.45%

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Code:
1.	 Windows	   56.87%	
2.	 iOS	           23.60%
3.	 Macintosh	    8.87%
4.	 Android	    7.85%
5.       BlackBerry	    1.31%
6.	 Linux	            0.45%

Wow, that's a significant chunk of people browsing purely via iOS. I'm sure there's an interesting case study to be done analysing the difference in browsing habits/personality between iOS and Android users - but one for someone else who has more stats & time on their hands than me. The volume of users regularly browsing NSC would give some excellent resources. It'd also be interesting to see if this varied from region to region - with the supposedly tech-savvy Brighton fans potentially more willing to browse via mobile, against a team in a poorer economic area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here