Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Igor Julio - SINGS for 4 years!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Fiorentina fans seem pissed off he's going. Which is a good sign. One likened him to Paul Elliott which is a bit random, probably just good old casual Italian racism !

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The hardest thing to replace is the combination of his mobility and his close control/passing. Most players are good at one or the other (eg Gilmour and Ali Mac have good control/passing but aren’t as mobile/dynamic as Moises). The only players I can think of who have been similar are Kante and Viera. That’s why Tony is right to (reportedly) value him at £100m. He’s close to irreplaceable.
For me what makes him outstanding is his strength and ability to retain the ball when under intense pressure. I have no doubt that he is worth £100 million, I'd personally rather have him than Rice too. He is the sort of player that anyone looking to challenge City should be desperate to sign.

Back on topic, I think Igor will be a useful addition.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
I was thinking it was a market/league we’d largely steered clear of since our promotion, along with France I guess, despite being linked with god knows how many players from those divisions in the last few years.

It felt inevitable we would see a Serie A player or two heading our way at some point with RDZ in charge.

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
I really am too old to worry about what’s cool or not. That said, Igor is by far the coolest name in the world. And to think we might be signing not only one, but two, Igors this window has me buzzing.

Dec 29, 2011
I was thinking it was a market/league we’d largely steered clear of since our promotion, along with France I guess, despite being linked with god knows how many players from those divisions in the last few years.

It felt inevitable we would see a Serie A player or two heading our way at some point with RDZ in charge.
Bissouma was a smart acquisition though

phoenix

May 18, 2009
For or against? Games or minutes? Do goals from corners count double?
Totally agree with your sentiment yes we could score more goals from corners. But we scored the most goal in a top league season for us and people still worry about corners.

theboybilly

In 2016 I would largely have agreed with you but with hindsight I don't think we were any more ready to go up - and stay up - than we were in 2014 or 2015. The Middlesbrough match no longer bothers me, I was fuming at the time but hardly give it a thought now only to remember the fantastic atmosphere at the game itself. Since then I thought Mike Dean officiated our games pretty decently. He is certainly a character and I'd take him over a few current referees in a heartbeat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here