if you think its hard getting out of the amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Walked straight along Anfield Road, down to the soccer bus and straight to Sandhills station onto Lime Street. All in about half hour, very quick and easy.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
We waitied for 20 minutes then manged to hail a cab and got to our parked car about 10 minutes away and where then on the M62 in about 30 minutes after leaving Anfield.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Very easy for us. Quick walk across Stanley Park to Goodison and straight out of the car park. Feel sorry for some of those near the back of the car park though as it must have taken ages to get out.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I parked on a side street less than 5 minutes walk from LFC ticket office. After the game we were on the M62 in about 10-15 minutes-easy when you know how to avoid the main roads away from Anfield...

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Took me hour and half (also parked by Goodison) it was sheer volume of traffic and too many traffic lights holding up the main flow so nothing could cross the junction. Then there was the hold up getting on the M6 and the M6 was slow too.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Either you were unlucky, or we were very fortunate. We were in a car park at Goodison, and it took maybe 15 mins for the gridlock of teh car park to get moving, but then we were strauight out onto the A5085 or A5080, not sure now, and were out and on the Motorway in no time. Was very impressed with how quick and smooth it was actually.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Took me hour and half (also parked by Goodison) it was sheer volume of traffic and too many traffic lights holding up the main flow so nothing could cross the junction. Then there was the hold up getting on the M6 and the M6 was slow too.

Took me about 15 minutes (also parked by Goodison) just drove north for a bit to get away from the grounds, then east.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The A5058 down to the M62 was RAMMO.

The trick next year :)jester:)will be to drive North onto the A59/A580 and join M57. It's a bit out of the way, but you make up the time on the motorway. I think that's what the coaches did.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

The trick next year :)jester:)will be to drive North onto the A59/A580 and join M57. It's a bit out of the way, but you make up the time on the motorway. I think that's what the coaches did.

M53/M56 so much easier. I parked near Goodison and there were no delays at all.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Our coach didn't have much trouble, although we were lucky enough to be one of the first away after the game, seemed to be back on the motorway in no time

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Parked in a side street. Got back to Chandlers Ford at 11.00pm. Knackered now, mind.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our coach got away quicky, around about 7pm from the other side of Stanley Park. Home in HH by 12:30 (including 30 min stop at Service station on M40).

Felt knackered by the end of it all. Slept well once I got home.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

The coaches did go A580/M57 as we saw a few as we walked along A5058 before game. Definitely use that route, as you say next year!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports