Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you are not going to the spurs game?

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Wish I wax, live abroad in barca now. Got tickets for barca real though, takes some sting out of it!!!!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Wavered slightly yesterday, but like loads of others here managed to hold firm.

Tomorrow will be great, I'm sure - but Donny is the real deal. For me, that's when the new era really begins.

And I'm almost shaking at the thought of it. Roll on 6 August. :cool:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I can't wait. Will be nice to enjoy the occasion regardless and be relaxed about the game itself this time.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I was always going to swerve the Spurs game for Donny. But once those clever PR people twisted my thoughts with the official opening and events , I felt compelled to go. It will be a fun relaxed athmosphere and a good way to get used to the stadium before the big one next week . The fact we are playing a prem team means not a jot .

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
No not really. I am sure the pre-match entertainment will be good although the Farnborough band of the British legion don't exactly sound top billing!

Didn't sound that inspiring, no... but having looked them up, they're all servicemen and women so presumably have loads of experience of this type of event. They play in Eastbourne quite a bit too so they should have Sussex By The Sea spot on! And as for Martin Toal... well, apart from Abide With Me that didn't appeal too much either - but check out the bloke on Youtube. Fantastic voice - it's going to be VERY emotional!

waddle

Nov 3, 2005
YES but I am in Denmark watching my boy play for the Albions performance centre. If I can't be at the Amex, watching him play in the stripes (red actually as the goalkeeper) is the next best thing. Hope you all enjoy it and we can't wait for next Saturday :)

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Not at all. I'm happy in the knowledge that the first time I see the ground it'll be full and a meaningful game. There aren't many teams who would have had me feeling any different and Spurs certainly isn't one of them. I'm already buzzing for Donny next week!

again this

MikeyPops

Jul 7, 2011
Worthing
Nope, it is a really shit fixture against a bunch of yids from north London, who we only played a few years ago in a competitive match and nearly stuffed. The Club should have tried to get a more attractive fixture against a top team.

Is "nearly stuffed" the same as being "partially pregnant" - so much pond life still hanging around. Some people do not deserve the Amex.

Last edited:

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
I learnt many years ago that preseason matches that start with a sprinkling of first teamers which is dialuted as the match progresses until you have a young inexperienced bunch is nothing more than a training excercise,win lose or draw its of no importance

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Can't believe people saying tomorrow is just a 'meaningless friendly' - it's the official opening of our new stadium, and that is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest occasion in the history of the club. We've been waiting 14 years for this day, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else tomorrow!

D

Deleted member 2719

Not at all. I'm happy in the knowledge that the first time I see the ground it'll be full and a meaningful game. There aren't many teams who would have had me feeling any different and Spurs certainly isn't one of them. I'm already buzzing for Donny next week!

This.

The club can bill this as the officially opening,but how ever you dress it up it is just a friendly against spurs in a part full stadium.

Roll on for the big one next week.

To all those going to spurs enjoy your day and save your voices!!

D

Deleted member 2719

Can't believe people saying tomorrow is just a 'meaningless friendly' - it's the official opening of our new stadium, and that is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest occasion in the history of the club. We've been waiting 14 years for this day, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else tomorrow!

Keep convincing yourself............. the true opening of the stadium is when all the fans turnout to a league match IMO.

I can wait a few more days after the 14 years of hurt, for me it's like opening your xmas presents on xmas eve when you were a kid, it's worth waiting that little bit longer.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Keep convincing yourself............. the true opening of the stadium is when all the fans turnout to a league match IMO.

I can wait a few more days after the 14 years of hurt, for me it's like opening your xmas presents on xmas eve when you were a kid, it's worth waiting that little bit longer.

Not going then Mouldy? Just as well, I shall be there and have managed to secure your seat for a friend of mine.
Unfortunately, he is an incontinent tramp.
see you on the 6th.

D

Deleted member 2719

Not going then Mouldy? Just as well, I shall be there and have managed to secure your seat for a friend of mine.
Unfortunately, he is an incontinent tramp.
see you on the 6th.

:lolol:

Does that mean that the padded seat will be extra comfy with a pleasant aroma ..............em nice - looking forward to the 6th even more then Mr Slicker.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I am worried that we may not get a good turn out for the Gillingham game and it would be a great oppertunity for others who are not season ticket holders to go and taste the atmosphere which should be brilliant for our first night game.
Lets make the place rock and I cant wait for fat boy slim gig.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I learnt many years ago that preseason matches that start with a sprinkling of first teamers which is dialuted as the match progresses until you have a young inexperienced bunch is nothing more than a training excercise,win lose or draw its of no importance

Agreed. It is usually like that. But tomorrows opposing side will be Spurs First Team for the full 90 minutes.

It's not a meaningless friendly as others have tried to say! It's the official opening that nobody currently born today will be able to attend again in their lifetime as a Brighton fan. It truly is once in a lifetime!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here